nvidia drivers on xp??

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by vinyls, Mar 21, 2009.

1. vinyls macrumors member

so last time i installed xp on my laptop, i decided to install my copy of bioshock on it.. only to find out that it couldnt run at the lowest setting (fps drops and not smooth turning etc..) - so i came on here with all my rants and raves about it and i was advised to download the latest drivers for nvidia

i proceeded to do so and the process went smooth, untill asked to reboot.. i did so and i couldnt log onto my windows partition there after.. it would load windows, and just before the user menu came up it would reboot..

i reinstalled xp recently and its all working perfectly.. so here comes attempt 2, any advice?? i dont want to go through the whole process again!!

Thanks in advance!

2. RedRaven571 macrumors 65816

RedRaven571

I'm curious, from where did you get the nVidia drivers? The reason I'm asking is nVidia only very recently began offering beta drivers for notebooks on their website; did you check to see if your GPU was supported? And, that's not even a guarantee, I tried to upgrade the nVidia drivers on my HP DV9700T, using the 'officia' nVidia drivers, and the installer wouldn't recognize my GPU. I ended up using hacked drivers from Laptopvideo2go (very satisfactory).