nvidia drivers

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BigJohno, Oct 29, 2013.

1. BigJohno macrumors 65816

Just curious if anyone is having an issue downloading the latest nvidia driver (331.65) for the 750? I get an error saying that it's not compatible with my system even though I put in the correct specs... I am running win7 64bit.

2. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

You cannot install just normal GPU drivers. Apple doesn't let you. Apple only supports the bootcamp drivers and they get updated about once a year.
    You need to go to laptopvideo2go.com and get the modded infs. Without those the drivers won't install.

3. Estomac macrumors newbie

Modified INF from laptopvideo2go.com did not allow installation.

I found a partial solution here:
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/628525/?offset=11#3998814

Use the bootcamp 5.0 nvidia drivers, go to the Nvidia control panel and manually set "Optimized for performance".

Now my Hanswell retina MacBook with GT 750M and Windows 8.1 can play 3D games with expected speed.

4. Mac.User macrumors 6502

Thanks I was about to ask this same question.

5. UBS28 macrumors 6502a

My 2010 15" MBP updates with the normal GPU drivers all the time. I never had to do this with my older machine. So something strange is happening with the 2013 rMBP.

6. BigJohno thread starter macrumors 65816

I had a 2010 Mpb too and had no issues with drivers. As soon as it detects system compatibility it throws an error. Still getting the issue....

7. msavwah macrumors 6502

I found this and it worked for me.
    http://sleep.dontexist.com/2013/11/01/installing-the-latest-nvidia-drivers-on-late-2013-retina-macbook-pro/

15" win7 64bit

have been running ghosts and bf4 since installing them.

8. Thalin macrumors member

I'm a little confused as I have no problems updating, granted i'm on the early 2013 machine with the 650M but there shouldn't be any difference. I just installed Windows 8, Bootcamp did it's thing, I uninstalled the drivers it installed automatically and ran driver cleaners and such (was unsure about this step but it's something i've always done for peace of mind) and then downloaded the new drivers. No issues at all :confused:

9. snaky69 macrumors 603

Same for me, both my macs have had their drivers updates through the nVidia website for years without any issues.

10. BigJohno thread starter macrumors 65816

apparently only the 750 is having this issue...

11. BigJohno thread starter macrumors 65816

12. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

If you guys are running win7, I assume in BIOS mode, does the 750M boost like it is supposed to. Check with GPU-z sensors tab.
    [​IMG]
    I am thinking about trying to redo my Windows install and try BIOS mode instead of EFI.

13. zOlid, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013

zOlid macrumors regular

zOlid

This is how you install the latest drivers:
    1: Download the NVIDIA drivers.
    2: And press install so it unpacks it on your harddrive.
    3: The installation will tell you it cant install, bla bla bla.
    4: Donwload this file: http://sleep.dontexist.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/nvaon.inf_.zip
    5: Unpack it to: C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\331.65\Win8_WinVista_Win7_64\International\Display.Driver
    6: And let it overwrite the current file.
    7: Go to Trouble shooting options. Then Start up settings and hit '7'.
    8: Let it restart and then just install the NVIDIA drivers, using the setup file in the NVIDIA folder.

So there you go, now you have the latest NVIDIA driver.
    Enjoy :)

14. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

You don't need powerplan7 isn't need. Just do an advanced restart.
    -> Trouble shooting options
    -> Start up settings
    -> hit '7'
    -> restart and driver signing is disabled until you restart again. You are free to install any driver that 64bit Windows refuses otherwise.

15. sabbyp macrumors regular

this is correct. I did it last night, you have to disable 'driver signature enforcement' in windows through restarting in advanced mode and selecting 7 from the menu that comes up upon restart. It will then boot your machine into a mode where it's disabled, and you'll be free to install the latest NVidia drivers without a problem.

16. zOlid macrumors regular

zOlid

Nice. I just weren't sure because I already had it installed.
    So I added it if some one had issues.
    Modified the post now.

17. sabbyp macrumors regular

be aware though that these latest drivers aren't supported for bootcamp - I'm having flickering issues in some games which i'm putting down to these new drivers. The frame rates are slightly higher but there are texture pop-in issues and other things, i'm going to revert back until there's an official update (or different official nvidia drivers)