Nvidia drivers

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by zao8350, Dec 12, 2009.

1. zao8350 macrumors regular

so nvidia released new drivers for the geforce 9m cards at the beginning of december. I updated using them and they didnt work. I used the fix involving some device ID stuff in a text file that was posted for the previous drivers. it worked, but now everything says my card is a 9500. does this affect my performance at all? i can't really figure out how to see what everything is set at for the card.

i have a 2.8ghz mbp from summer with the 512mb 9600m gt.

thanks!

2. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Did you completely uninstall the previous Nvidia driver, restart, install the new driver, restart? Also, what OS are you using? 32/64 bit?

3. neowillendit macrumors member

neowillendit

OP, are you refering to the brand-new v.195.62 "for notebooks" driver version referenced here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook_winvista_win7_x64_195.62_whql.html

If you are refering to those, I see the 9600M GT listed quite a few times in the "nv_disp.inf" file and usually NVIDIA states under the "Supported Products" tab that Apple Notebooks aren't supported in this release but this driver page doesn't say that this time. Are you sure you can't get them to install normally after completely uninstalling previous drivers as previous posted suggested?

I'll be updating my drivers soon also, as I'm sick of seeing "DirectX 10.0" and a screwy DirectX Diagnostic log just because I'm still using the Vista drivers included on the Snow Leopard disc even though I'm running Windows 7 64-Bit...think they're v.185.75 and they're old as crap...so I'm looking for alternatives also.

KIT :cool:

4. neowillendit macrumors member

neowillendit

See here for your answer about v.195.62 NVIDIA Video Drivers for notebooks on your MBP. :apple:

5. zao8350 thread starter macrumors regular

hey, thanks for the responses. sorry i havent replied, exams are hectic.

i meant to put that i'm using windows 7 pro 64 bit, sorry about that. all I did was download and install. I didn't uninstall the older drivers. I'll continue with this once I read that link and see if it fixes my problem. thanks