NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Help

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by ImShane, Jun 7, 2007.

1. ImShane macrumors member

Right where do i start, im a newb to mac's and the fact ive got my hands on a mac pro is a bit of a jump, but anyway the name of this thread is my graphics card.

Ok.. i purchased a game called Age of Empires 3 for windows XP not knowing i could of got it for the mac (im an idiot), i also installed xp on my machine to get this to work, and after days of trying to install it ive figured out i have to uninstall my driver for my card and install...

[ForceWare Release 90 WHQL Certified
    Version: 97.78
    Release Date: May 1, 2007
    Operating System: Windows XP x64, Windows Server 2003 x64
    Language: U.S. English
    File Size: 43.7 MB]

ill have to uninstall the current drivers first! but how? and what is the equivalent of doing a defragment on a mac which i was advised to do after installing new drivers, thanks for the help,

P.S if i should be doing anything else please let me know thank you please:)

2. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

just to confirm you have windows XP 64 bit edition installed?

3. charmin macrumors member

charmin

Crazy Windows. I've never been advised to defrag after installing drivers (because last time I defragged XP it took about 8 hours)

OS X's installer usually takes care of this for you, IIRC when it says "Optimising System Performance". You can get 3rd party defragmentation utilities for the Mac, but I've never needed to use one before.

4. ImShane thread starter macrumors member

no no thats not it, ill be downloading a driver for just xp, dont know why i put that there, so how do i unistall/install the drivers? plz help

5. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Well that driver won't work with standard windows xp pro, or windows xp home...only with windows xp x64 edition.