NVIDIA pc cuda?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Enny5, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Enny5 macrumors member

Hi guys i am thinking of upgrading to lion and i was reading that mountain lion has nv idea drivers. I am looking for nvidea card with cuda that can run on lion. What do you guys recommend here i really need cuda to be able to run certain software but i cant afford mac video cards.

Thanks for help

2. xav8tor macrumors 6502a

Getting CUDA up and running on a GTX 6XX in 10.8 is generally fairly simple. OpenCL is another story if you need that, especially if you go for a card with more than 2 GB VRAM. Download the the Nvidia driver from their website. Get CUDA-Z to verify it is working OK. Do a search for GTX and CUDA on this forum, the instructions or a link to them are around here somewhere, or on netkas.org. Check your card vendor's specs and forums once you settle on a specific make/model and just to make sure there are no CUDA issues for it. For me, with the EVGA 670, CUDA was reasonably easy, but as I recall, there may be a few app specific apps to jump through in addition to the driver. Others will probably post more detailed knowledge than I have about this as I don't use CUDA on the Mac side...yet.