Nvidia Shield tablet

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by mclld, Jul 18, 2014.

1. mclld macrumors 68020

2. Ddyracer macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

Nice tablet. I wish OEMS and GPE devices have factory images like nexus devices. I flash, root, wipe too much, so it really is a requirement here for me.

3. Stooby Mcdoobie macrumors 6502a

Stooby Mcdoobie

Make a nandroid backup of the factory ROM beforehand. Not the perfect solution but better than nothing.

4. Ddyracer macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

Will get wiped when I format in twrp or reflash wiping the internal sdcard.

5. Stooby Mcdoobie macrumors 6502a

Stooby Mcdoobie

Transfer it to your computer as soon as it's created. I used to do this every time I flashed a new ROM. It's tedious but the time it can save if/when something goes wrong makes it time well invested, imo.

6. Ddyracer macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

Its verrrry tedious. I use it for some things on my sdcard and titanium back up (don't have paid version) and its really getting on my nerves.

I guess It could go to google drive then pull it to my device via the cloud. That's probably the right thing.

7. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

If the next Nexus tablet comes with a K1 chip, I don't really see the appeal to the Shield? Grab yourself a Moga Power Pro controller for $45 and you have the full gaming equivalent for cheaper?

Or does the Shield play PC games not available on Android and that is the appeal? I don't know much about the Shield.

8. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

The main draw of the Shield platform is the ability to play PC games "anywhere" which are streamed from a Windows PC with an nVidia GPU.

9. BMox macrumors 6502

BMox

Mega tempted to pick one of these up-gonna wait until Apple's event on Wednesday and if they don't bring anything out that's decent then I'm gonna take the plunge.