Nvidia Whitebook Boot Camp Drivers ( NO CD )

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by robotica, Jun 1, 2009.

1. robotica macrumors 6502a

robotica

Hello

I am trying to install XP on my new Whitebook ( well I say new, its the older 2.0 Nvidia model from a few months ago )

Only problem is I have left the restore discs in the box at my folks house the other side of the country and I could really do with getting XP on this bad boy without having to get the discs sent to me!! ( as boot camp drivers are on restore discs )

I have downloaded the latest boot camp update but it apparently hasnt been updated since the nvidia macbooks came out! :( boo

Is there any where I can get the nvidia bootcamp installer for XP/vista or win 7?

2. secondfox macrumors member

secondfox

I don't really understand your question. Is your problem the fact that you don't have Windows discs handy to install, or that your Windows installation doesn't like the Boot Camp drivers?

3. robotica thread starter macrumors 6502a

robotica

Hi

The problem is I do not have the boot camp CD and the drivers available from the apple site have not been updated since the nvidia macbooks came out, which means they don't have all the correct drivers.

So essentially I am asking where can I get the full bootcamp package for white nvidia macbooks ?

4. secondfox macrumors member

secondfox

I don't think there is a separate Boot Camp for different Mac models, is there?

But you can export the Boot Camp files to a flash drive from your Mac instead of burning them to a disc (iirc). Then, all you would need is a flash drive. I don't remember the steps off the top of my head, but you could search for it.

5. robotica thread starter macrumors 6502a

robotica

No there is only one boot camp for all... but its old version for download and does not contain the latest drivers -

however the one that comes on the disc is updated.. but as I have said the disc is not accessible.

I could save the files to a flash drive is I had the files in the first place...

As far as I am aware the files are only stored on the restore disc and not in OSX as they were with bootcamp beta on 10.4.

6. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Download the Boot Camp 2.1 drivers from the Apple website, install it. That should give you some functionality. From there, and this is where you're probably most concerned with, download the 9400M drivers from the nVidia site.

7. robotica thread starter macrumors 6502a

robotica

I have done that but I have no wireless card installed still and lots of other little things such a SM bus controller which lead me to believe that there are no chipset drivers either?

After looking on the apple site for the macbook it says nothing about the chips set ( tech specs page ) and as such I dont know which to get.

I actually thought the nvidia chip was some kind of new all in one approach gfx and chipset in one?

Any help on this would really be appreciated!

Thanks

8. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

The only thing I could think of is to take it into an Apple Store and have them install the drivers for you. Call up AppleCare and explain to them your problem and have them write in their notes to tell the Apple Store to install the drivers for you that way once you get to the Apple Store, there should be no problems.

Also, when you're on the phone with AppleCare, you might want to order the discs because there's going to be a time where you will need them again.

9. robotica thread starter macrumors 6502a

robotica

hey

no apple store in my city - nearest one is over 100 miles away :(

I guess I will just get my mum to send me the discs........
    cant believe there is no easy way to do this.... crazy.

10. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

It sounds like you've already installed the older set of bootcamp drivers. With that, you can goto apple.com and download a BootCamp update: http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/

It's the most recent update for 2.1, you'll just have to choose what version of Windows you're running from the 2nd pane on the far right and install that file from within Windows. That's what I did with my UMB2.0, and it runs 7 flawlessly. The version of BootCamp that came on my DVD was outdated, and the update listed above added multitouch support for the trackpad, and the chipset drivers can be installed manually from the Apple DVD (which you unfortunately lack at the moment).

11. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

The Bootcamp drivers for specific Mac models are on the Leopard DVD included with that Mac. Stick it in after Windows is installed.

Cheers,

12. robotica thread starter macrumors 6502a

robotica

this is the problem.... i dont have the disc!

13. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

You are out of luck unless you have a local friend with an nvidia based Mac who can loan you the DVD. It would take as long to pay Apple for replacement disks as it would to have yours sent to you.

Cheers,