Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
iPad 6th gen LTE, still under a year old, but no AppleCare. What would it cost for me to get the screen replaced? Trying to decide if I wanna do that or just sell it, get what I can and call it a day.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
iPad 6th gen LTE, still under a year old, but no AppleCare. What would it cost for me to get the screen replaced? Trying to decide if I wanna do that or just sell it, get what I can and call it a day.
Apple won't replace the screen, they'll give you a replacement device so new screen, battery and case will be part of the deal..

Reactions: tagumcity

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Apple won't replace the screen, they'll give you a replacement device so new screen, battery and case will be part of the deal..
Still no warranty though. Not worth it for base model since you could find the newer model on sale for $250-280 frequently enough. Might be worth considering if one has higher config (e.g. 128GB LTE).

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Got a price to replace it locally for $119 - think I’m gonna just do it. I know it voids the warranty, but there isn’t much left of the warranty anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.