Nvu/Kompozer won't open files - help?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by katysaurusrex, Jul 5, 2008.

1. katysaurusrex macrumors newbie

I recently downloaded Nvu, and then Kompozer, to help me build a website. The programs work fine for making the webpages, but after I save a file and close it, neither program will let me open it again. the "Open" option under the "File" menu does not work... I click on it, and nothing happens. The Apple key + O shortcut doesn't work. Dragging and dropping the HTML file onto the program icon doesn't work, and I also tried right clicking the HTML file and selecting "Open with...", but Nvu and Kompozer are not listed as options. I tried deleted the program and installing it again, but that didn't work either.

How am I supposed to edit files after they're saved if neither program will let me choose the "Open" option? Has this happened to anybody else, and how did you fix it? Does this sounded like a program error, or is it a problem with my computer? All I want is to make a webpage, this is really frustrating and stupid that neither program lets me open files.

Thanks.

2. Kristine macrumors 6502a