NY Time Editor's choice removed from app store

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by mario787, Jun 7, 2010.

1. mario787 macrumors newbie

It's currently not in the US Store. Anybody know what happened?

2. iFerd macrumors 6502a

I got an update earlier today through the App Store on my iPad.

3. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

I received the update notice also and downloaded it just fine. The App is getting better actually. Just wish it was a full blown version of the Times
    I did just now look for it in iTunes and your are right it's gone? Something must be going on, maybe a new App all together?

4. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

If there was an update earlier today, then it was probably pulled from the app store due to a bug in the update.

5. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

Shoot, I just skimmed it this morning on what was new but I remember it saying there was another category added I think?

When I opened it up tho it was not present, I did notice a new Ad "Chanel" now and it does seem noticeably faster with loading and page transition.

Edit* It should be back in the Store now. They added Video and Arts section along with Twitter, email etc.
    The update popped up again for some reason again on my iPad and Desktop iTunes.

6. gswilder macrumors regular

Update seems strange

When I updated, it didn't seem to actually update the app on my iPad. There was no video or arts sections. I deleted the app from the ipad. Did a sync. Then reinstalled on ipad. Now I have a video section, but no arts sections.

All I have on the "bottom bar" of the NY Times is : News, Business, Technology, Opinion, Features, Video

Any thoughts?

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i just found it, and downloaded it onto my iPad with no problems? must've been a bug?

8. iFerd macrumors 6502a

I just received a second update notice for today and downloaded yet another update. Weird, but I bet there was a bug at first.

9. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

That's the exact same for me. Something must still be wrong. I give up, gonna wait till tomorrow and try to figure it out.

10. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

I downloaded the update earlier this evening, and the app wouldn't open. Now there is an additional update to fix that bug. :)

11. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

Ok, I figured out where the Arts category is. Tap Videos in the App and then inside of the Videos section Arts shows up and a new category. :)