NYC caseless usability question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ohmurf, Jul 18, 2010.

1. ohmurf macrumors newbie

Hello,
    Has anyone on this forum been successful with the iPhone 4 without a case in NYC? I'm thinking about upgrading, but I'd like some data on what my chances of full functionality are. I do not like cases (I've used the original iPhone caseless for almost 3 years now, with no damage), and though I'm right handed I in fact hold the phone in my left hand to talk and surf, so I think I'm probably sunk and will go Android. But, I thought I'd ask before going thru the hassle and wait of getting on a waitlist/getting the phone/having to return it/cancel AT&T (my current phone is, while cosmetically fine, after 3 years painfully slow).

SO: here are my questions. Please respond only if you are a iPhone 4 user in NYC (especially if you go caseless!).

1. Do you use a case? What kind?
    2. Do you hold the phone in your left hand, covering the spot?
    3. How is your reception? Do you suffer attenuation, and if so is it enough to degrade quality/drop calls?
    4. Compared to your previous phone, if applicable?
    5. Are you on your first iPhone 4, or have you exchanged it? If so, any improvement?
    6. Where do you live/use your phone most?

Thanks so much!
    Dave

2. Roadboss macrumors newbie

I use the IP4 left handed and carried in a holster at hip. During the day, my job takes me to five boroughs and call quality hasn't been an issue. Although I have noticed that calls from other carriers are not as clear as those from ATT callers.
    I think I had more dropped calls with 3GS.
    I keep looking for things to be wrong with this phone so that I CAN exchange it but it's really a great phone.

3. phearx macrumors regular

1. incipio demashot/ ngp
    2. yes... and my right hand as well when the occasion calls for it.
    3. no problems on my end whatsoever.
    4. Had the Sprint Evo loved that as well they're both good in their own ways, it just depends on personal preference.
    5. first iphone 4 hopefully I won't have any problems.
    6. Queens/ Manhattan

If you're looking to get an iphone message me your phone number, I work at a radioshack in queens, we usually get iphones on Thursdays and I can call you when we get them in.