NYC In-Store iPhone 6+ purchase recommendations

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Foss, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Foss macrumors 6502

Foss

So I'm on a Verizon business plan through my workplace and wanted to pay out of pocket (not upgrade) for the iPhone 6+. Unfortunately, that means I couldn't pre-order. So I'm thinking of going in store to buy one in person. I'm sure the Apple stores will be mobbed. So, I'm thinking of checking either the Verizon Wireless stores or Best Buy stores. Any recommendations? I live and work in lower Manhattan.

2. bueller1 macrumors 6502

I would make an attempt at an apple store first. Not 5th ave though lol

3. cymolia macrumors 6502a

head to the westbury bestbuy ive always had liuck at that location on launch day

4. Iusername20 macrumors regular

5. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Grand Central makes sense because it is in doors and you wouldn't want to have to wait out in the bad NY weather.

6. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

I'd go to the 14th Street or SoHo Apple store early, probably even the night before.

I get the feeling a lot of third party sellers aren't going to receive the 6+ due to supply constraints, similar to the gold 5S last year.

7. Foss thread starter macrumors 6502

Foss

I agree on 3rd party vendors probably not receiving a good supply of 6+'s first day, but it's hard to say when Apple stores will be mobbed day one.

8. chrise2 macrumors 6502

The line at the Grand Central Apple store was around the block outside for the 5s. I did not wait in that line. I said f it after waiting an hour and a half in the Verizon store line by Penn Station only to find out that they wouldn't sell me the phone full price on launch day. That was the best. They gave me some chocolate for my troubles.

I pre-ordered online this time. 2 6+s delivered to my door Friday. So worth setting the alarm for 2:45am. Waiting in line is for the birds.

9. Foss thread starter macrumors 6502

Foss

Wow you do not paint a pretty picture for Friday. I was told by a Verizon rep and an Apple rep that Friday I could buy a CDMA enabled iPhone 6 or 6+ for full price on Friday. I hope they are right.

10. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

For the 5s 14th street was down 9th to 10th ave and up to 24th street. Grand Central had it easy. Ive never been to the Soho store so I dont know.

11. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

They could be telling you want you want to hear to get you into the store in hopes of buying from Verizon. It's not as if the reps have any consequences for lying to customers.