NYC in store pickups

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by El3ctronics, Sep 17, 2014.

1. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

For those who did an in store pickup at one of the NYC Apple stores, what's your plan on Friday? I have one reserved at the Soho store and not sure if I should attempt going at 8am before work or wait until the end of the day.

2. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Wait until Apple emails you that it's available. Don't just show up.

3. El3ctronics thread starter macrumors 65816

The status says:

Processing Items
    Pick up: Available 9/19

4. Qu3st macrumors member

I plan to be there by 7

Grand central station Apple store.

5. keitarou macrumors 6502

If you reserved it, you can go anytime that day. They have one for you with your name on it. Why be around all the crowd when you don't have to.

6. chrise2 macrumors 6502

I would definitely go later in the day as long as you get a confirmation email saying its ready for pickup. I went last year for the iPad Air with an in store pickup at Grand Central. First thing in the am they didn't know what was going on and they were just mixing everyone together (people that had in store pickup and people just showing up looking for an iPad). Later, they had two lines. I got my iPad that had my name on it, but I still had to wait in line for over 2 hours. Which is what I was trying to avoid.

I need to get a case for the 6 plus this weekend. I'm hoping I can get something at an Apple store, Best Buy or Verizon / AT&T store without having to wait in some stupid line.

7. mikeydooodie macrumors member

i was initially thinking about going early morning but i think I'm going to go around 2-3. 5th ave is gonna be a mess

8. chasgooses, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014

chasgooses macrumors member

Picking up at W 14th St. here. I was thinking of waiting and going later in the day, but I feel like the preorder pickup line might get longer as the day goes on, especially because I feel like things might not go as smoothly as previous launches given how many variations there are as compared to previous launches. Also, I bet a decent number of people (if not the majority) will actually wait for the e-mail saying they can go to the store before heading over and since that probably won't come until 8 AM at the earliest, being there when the stores open might be faster. Right now my plan is to roll in around 7:30-8 and see what the deal is.

9. malevolant macrumors 6502

I'm picking up at the Upper West Side store. Plan to show up around 7-7:30 and just people watch until 8. :cool:

10. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Heading to the 14th street store sometime before 8. Don't think the process will take too long. It wasn't bad for the 5S.

11. prodigee macrumors 6502a

I commute in through GCT from CT. I just plan on rolling in to the apple store there on my way into work. If it's not ready then. I'll head back at lunch. I work right on 46th and Park so it's not exactly far awat haha. I wouldn't expect the line to be that bad for pickups around 9 when I get there though, cause the store opens at 7.

12. El3ctronics thread starter macrumors 65816

Has anybody with an in-store pickup in NYC received a time or confirmation to come pick up their device? I haven't received anything since the original order email that said "Available 9/19. We'll notify you when these items are ready." I know people picking up devices outside of the city have received follow up emails but wanted to know if anyone in NYC has.

13. Phonzoxd macrumors 6502a

Im also picking my 6Plus at the SOHO store.

Took a half day, will head there during lunch hour.

14. El3ctronics thread starter macrumors 65816

Have you received any followup email notifying you that your items are ready or when to come?

15. Phonzoxd macrumors 6502a

Nope,

Will see tomorrow morning. If not I'll give them a call.

16. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

I'm in the same boat as you. Didn't expect to receive an email until tomorrow, but now that you mention others already getting emails, I'll be checking even more furiously.

17. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Just got an email confirming I can pick up my phone tomorrow! NYC, 14th Street.

18. El3ctronics thread starter macrumors 65816

Yep, I received mine also saying I can pick mine up tomorrow at the Soho store!

19. Phonzoxd macrumors 6502a

So after reading your post saying you got an email but I havent, I got a little worried.

Logged onto the site, and it says its ready for pick up.

WOOT.

EDIT: Just got my email also. DOUBLE WOOT.

20. AdonisSMU, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014

AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Wow! I still have not gotten my email. :confused::eek: I got my confirmation email from AT&T even.