NYC Stores: iPhone 6 Plus help?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maximumsportz, Nov 20, 2014.

1. maximumsportz macrumors regular

Hey guys I live in NYC and was wondering whats my best bet to get my hands on the new iPhone 6 plus. I'm using the AT&T NEXT so I have to walk in to purchase.

Anyone have experience with going to a NYC store in the morning? Are there still lines? I was thinking about going to the Fifth ave one but its 24/7 is there a certain time they sell their new stock??

Any advice would be great! Thanks

2. HarryWild macrumors 6502a

HarryWild

Try this website: http://www.istocknow.com/us

Move down and select the category and place your zip code in the middle of the screen.

3. maximumsportz thread starter macrumors regular

Was curious the best route to go in by foot and get one. They get stock everyday even on saturday?

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Where I live the biggest night to receive stock is Friday. 30 minutes before the store opens they have a Genius outside taking names and what you want to buy. He reserves that phone until 6 PM so you can hang around for 30 minutes or come back later. The line to do all that was about 10 people deep by the time the store opened so it was easy. I was out of the store by 10:20 (because there were some activation issues). Good luck!

5. HarryWild macrumors 6502a

HarryWild

If you use istocknow.com and find one in an Apple Store; it direct you to pay for it at Apple.com and then you can pick it up at that store by showing your printout receipt and ID! Takes about three minute since an associate has to go and get your paid order!

6. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

The OP stated they would be upgrading using AT&T Next. You can't reserve an iPhone via Apple's web site for in-store pick-up using Next.

7. maximumsportz thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys walked in the Apple store around 12pm and they had stock. Seems like more stores are stocking them now.

Thanks!

8. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I am seeing big shortages of 128 GB devices in 6 and 6 plus, which is unusual. I wonder if this has to do with the TLC vs MLC NAND issue?