NYCC 2018 Trailers

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by RootBeerMan, Oct 6, 2018.

1. RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

I love it when there is a big Comic Convention (San Diego or NYC). That's when we get to see the trailers and such for upcoming movies and TV series. Here are a few that have already been posted. Warning! They're all Science Fiction or Comics related, so if you're not a fan of the genres these likely won't interest you.

Here's a teaser/announcement from the crew of Amazon Prime's "The Expanse" ( a really great SF series). They couldn't be at the con because they're shooting the 4th season! Yay!

Here's the extended trailer for the upcoming "Aquaman" movie. (Dec. 21st). I think this is going to be the best movie that the DCEU has put out so far. It looks fantastic and, from what I've seen so far the acting is good! I'm a Jason Momoa fan, though...

This is one that looks good. It's "Mortal Engines" and is a Peter Jackson movie.

This is one for a new DC animated series on my favourite femme fatal DC villain, Harley Quinn. If you like animated movies (or just super hero movies, in general) and haven't been watching the DC universe animated movies then you have really been missing out! They've done some really solid work and I expect they'll be continuing it with this series. Kaley Couco (Big Bang Theory) is doing the Harley voice.

Here's one that I've been waiting years for and Amazon Prime is finally putting it out. It's "The Boys", the story of a group of people put together to tackle out of control "super heroes". It stars Karl Urban, among others, (like Simon Pegg). The comic was sensational and I expect this one, (by Seth Rogan) to be equally as good!

2. RootBeerMan thread starter macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

Here's some more (MR won't let you post more than 5 media in one post. Who knew?)

Here's a short one for the upcoming SciFi horror series, "Nightflyers", (based on a George R R Martin story).

Here's a short trailer for "The Flash", Season 5. Looks pretty good. I've been a big fan of the series so far and they have not let me down! Great acting, writing and some truly good directors (I'm looking at you Kevin Smith!).

Here's another I'd like to see, but in the US it will be available only on the new DC streaming service (Netflix outside the US). "Titans" is a new take on the DC comics "Teen Titans" and "Titans. I've always been a fan of the comic and am looking forward to seeing this. Guess I'll have to subscribe!

I'll post up more as they become available or I find them. Feel free to add one if you beat me to it!

3. RootBeerMan thread starter macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

Here's the teaser trailer for "Good Omens", based on the fantastic book by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. This is another series I've been waiting on. Looks like Amazon is doing a good job!

4. RootBeerMan thread starter macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

Here's a teaser trailer for "Deadly Class", a TV adaption of a graphic novel. The Russo Bros are producing it. Basic synopsis:
    The show, executive-produced by the Avenger-famous Russo Brothers, follows Marcus, a kid living on the streets who is recruited into Kings Dominion, an elite private school populated by the children of organized crime families. And you thought your high school years were tough.

In addition to surviving adolescence, Marcus must deal with violent, warring cliques while hanging on to his own personal moral code. To add to the decadence, the show is set in the late 1980s.

--- Post Merged, Oct 6, 2018 ---
    Now we have "American Gods" Season 2 teaser! I'm really looking forward to this one coming back! I really enjoyed the first season and am hoping they can keep things rolling.

5. RootBeerMan thread starter macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

Now we have a new trailer for Season 2 of "Star Trek : Discovery"! While I haven't watched the 1st season, I must say that their trailer for season 2 looks really good. And we get a new version of a young Spock. Not too shabby!

6. D.T. macrumors G3

D.T.

7. RootBeerMan thread starter macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

De Nada! Glad to share these with everyone as I see them. We have a good year coming up for onscreen entertainment!

8. RootBeerMan thread starter macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

Here's a new one for Dreamworks "How To Train YOUR Dragon 3". This is supposedly the last of the trilogy. If you've seen the other then you might just like this one, too. I enjoyed the first two. They were both very well done.