Nylon band stretching

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by ajm222, Mar 24, 2017.

1. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

I just bought a blue nylon apple band from walmart and noticed that after wearing it for a few days it gets distorted a bit. it's no longer straight and kind of has a curve to it side-to-side in addition to the obvious curve it takes on from wearing it around the wrist. i suppose given the material and weave and the way a strap curves around the wrist this is to be expected some. i also noticed that the plastic part that attaches to the watch had some slightly rough/unfinished edges. anyone else notice the same things? still love the band and seems very well made. just curious. thinking of getting one of the new nylon bands - specifically orange and blue.

2. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Welcome to owning a nylon watch band.

Is it distorting because it's fitting tightly? Would using the next-looser hole make it too loose on your wrist (as in, loose enough to automatically lock itself)?

3. ajm222 thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks. good thoughts, though i wear it fairly loose as it is. just mainly wondering if this was all considered normal. not really a big deal. still looks good.

4. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

There is some slight stretch to it and nylon eventually becomes distorted over time, depending how much you wear it. But I happen to think Apple's are fairly durable and mine have held up well.

5. ajm222 thread starter macrumors 6502a

cool, thanks. maybe i'll post a pic later and see if it's typical.