Nynaflo Liquid-Armor

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by anonjd, Oct 25, 2012.

1. anonjd macrumors member

Just came across this product: http://www.dynaflousa.com/product_info.php?products_id=127&osCsid=du6cn8vkuf37b47lqefbfr5v95

I've always dreamt of such a product, I'm just curious if it would really protect from minor scratches. I rarely drop my iPhone, but would like some protection for when it's in my pocket, or when I leave it on a table. It sucks that it doesn't work on the back though.

I already have the Glas.tR and I'm debating getting this and using it instead, along side a screen protector for the back and some side protection from **********.net and then a bumper from Draco. Worst case scenario, I'll just slap on the Glas.tR after, if I don't like it.

2. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I doubt that's more than just screen cleaning solution and they're relying on the iPhone screen's hardness to repel most scratches (it's pretty damn hard).

3. anonjd thread starter macrumors member

True.

The bezel on the iPhone 4, can't speak on the iPhone 5, scratched really easily. I didn't drop it or anything, but just from everyday use.

The screen though, seems to be really hard to scratch. I dropped my iPhone 4 once and it feel directly on our hardwood floor, and the front wasn't scratched at all. I inspected it very, very closely and didn't find even a single minuscule scratch.

I just got really excited when I saw this product, but thankfully didn't insta-buy.

Thanks for your reply, I'll probably stay away until I at least read some reviews.

4. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

5. dwa2011 macrumors regular

dwa2011

I was just about to bring up the exact review. I read this earlier today. Its a good review but I dont know how I feel about it either.

6. AlphaDogg, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012

AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I bet it's basically just wax suspended in a solvent. I applied Meguiars Gold Class car wax to my iPhone 3GS and MacBook Pro screens, and it seems to repel dust and fingerprints, but it is by no means scratch resistant.