NYTimes app for the iPad now includes "All Sections"

Discussion in 'iPad' started by saving107, Oct 14, 2010.

1. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I thought it would be worth noting that the NYTimes app for the iPad just received an update and now it includes "All Sections" and it is no longer limited to just the Editors Choice.

the description on iTunes says that this app will be free until Early 2011. Their were some rumors a few weeks ago that Apple was going to introduce a Newsstand app that will allow publications the option to charge by Subscription, maybe that will kick in some time early next year. (The NYTimes app has been free since it launched back in April, so this will be ending soon)

[​IMG]

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nytimes-for-ipad/id357066198?mt=8

2. jonnyb macrumors 65816

It would have been nice to have a download feature for offline-reading like the Financial Times app. Perhaps that will come when you have to pay for content.

3. observer macrumors member

Still infuriating

This morning I downloaded the iPad NYT app to my iPad. It asked me to please let them push stuff, I said no. I went to Opinion, selected David Brooks, and it put up a "please register" notice. I tried to register -- it said that email is already in use -- oh yes, I did register from my macbook some time ago. I couldn't remember what password I'd used, though, so I clicked "send me a reset password email". So I did that, reset password, and logged off. I went back to Opinion, and there's a banner at the top saying please register. I log in -- at this point I've typed my email about eight times, and it's getting irritating, but I think I've got my account updated, and I'm logged in, it's all ok. I go back to David Brooks, and it puts up a screen saying "please register" -------

screw this. If they can't get their free accounts working, why should I trust them with my money next January? I like reading their columnists, but I think I can live without.