NZ Iphone In UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by polignac, Oct 8, 2008.

1. polignac macrumors newbie

Hello all, i tried to use the forum search but to couldn't find any good information for my situation. Recently i have moved to the UK and brought along my iphone 3g from NZ, which is unlocked. Can anyone suggests which provider to go for? I understand that O2 has simplicity PAYG with web bolt on, which seems to be the best way for me to go.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to which other provider in UK offers unlimited web surfing on mobile devices?

Many thanks.

2. MST macrumors 6502

MST

IMHO you can't beat O2's Simplicity tariffs, I'm on Simplicity 20 which includes 600 minutes and 1000 texts a month plus the unlimited web bolt on, not bad for £20 a month with no fixed term :D

I just looked at O2's website and the offer has been extended until 31/10.

3. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

T-Mobile Web n'Walk for the win. '3' has slightly cheaper offers but not so good reception or reviews.

4. polignac thread starter macrumors newbie

Mst do you have the web pAge for the offer you have mentioned for o2?

5. MST macrumors 6502

MST

http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/sim_only

It's the first tariff on the list "Online 25 (Was £25 now £20)", in order to get unlimited web access you need to change the bolt on; click "Change Bolt On", and obviously select the unlimited web bolt on option ;)

Forget T-Mobile and 3, in fact as I say to many a colleague the only people I ever seem to meet with a 3 contract are those that I end up arresting, funny that!

6. Ninja Dom macrumors 6502

Ninja Dom

Go for a Vodafone Super Sim tariff.

They are currently the only UK operator that can run their HSDPA network at 7.2 mbps and HSUPA at over 2 mbps. Selected areas only.

£20 for 600 minutes, unlimited texts and Vodafone Family (unlimited calls between you and another 3 Vodafone users of your choice). Add on extra for Data.

Only a 1 month commitment!

7. polignac thread starter macrumors newbie

hey guys, thanks for the replies. I'm fairly new in the uk, so probably wont spend much on calling people (except my gf).

Which provider has better coverage than others? i heard O2 is quite decent, not sure about T-mobile or vodafone. Currently im with three but their reception is terrible in university...

8. Ninja Dom macrumors 6502

Ninja Dom

Reception? Vodafone and O2 hands down.

These two are the oldest mobile phone networks in the UK, have the most customers and the most coverage.

Coverage can still be better in some areas on other networks but in terms of sheer size, Vodafone and O2 are the biggest.

Orange share some of their 3G sites with Vodafone as well.

9. polignac thread starter macrumors newbie

hmmm... guess i'll get a O2 simplicity sim and put web bolt on for it then....