o automatical Airport connection...

penadigital

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
Portugal
Hello.

Since I've upgraded my router to 2Wire's 2700HGV-2 Gateway, my Airport connection doesn't start automatically. And it shows the following message:

I've to choose from the Airport menu bar my internet connection...

Can someone help? :confused:

My Mac:
MacBook (White) 2GHz Intel Core Duo, 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Mac OS X 10.4.10

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
repair permissions? (bad access error made me think of it and it's a safe first step to try)

Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility > repair disk permissions.

penadigital

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
Portugal
repair permissions? (bad access error made me think of it and it's a safe first step to try)

Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility > repair disk permissions.
Tried that. It didn't work...

It keeps showing the same message everytime I login.. :(

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
I read somewhere that kernel protection failures are often caused by bad RAM or bad input devices - Airport, USB, firewire, etc. Any chance something is loose?

penadigital

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
Portugal
Btw...

Forgot to say that I've Windows XP installed (via Bootcamp) and when I login, it automatically detects and joins internet without a problem.

So, I reckon it's not something loose. I believe there might be an important file corrupted in OS X. I simply don't want to format and install everything all over... *sigh*

penadigital

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
Portugal
Problem solved

Problem solved!

Went to Airport configuration at System Preferences and deleted the network information. After that, I re-configured the network connection (network name, type of encryption and password) and voilà! :)

Weird stuff! But hey, it's working! No more airport crashes at login :D