O, I am disappointed Apple (again) #2!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WillEH, Mar 13, 2011.

1. WillEH macrumors 6502a

WillEH

To move on from: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1115492&highlight=

I'm still disappointed with my new MBP. I can't even export a video in HD without it freezing, and having to shut the mac down by the power button? Am I doing something wrong!?

I'm on ScreenFlow, I make a video... I want to Export. Compression Type H.264

Size: Dimensions 1280x720 HD.

Export.

Half way, Kaboom it freezes and even after 10 mins it still does not unfreeze. I can move my mouse around but everything is frozen. Am I doing something wrong? Should my i7 2.2Ghz, 8GB be able to handle such a simple task?

I'm popping back to the Apple store to give them my old box for my old MBP which I gave to them yesterday, let's hope I don't have to swap it once again! Let's just say, 1 week Apple user, already swapped it once, and maybe twice.. =(

2. brentsg macrumors 68030

It could turn out to be a needed driver or firmware update. If that's the case then you could exchange it many times.

3. WillEH thread starter macrumors 6502a

WillEH

How would one update firmware or driver. Sorry I'm a complete novice ;) I know how to update the mac, is it included? or something separate?

4. brentsg macrumors 68030

Apple would have to release a fix via software update.

5. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

I suspect something like this is needed from my own testing too, under os x I've managed to freeze the system fairly similarly myself, and very quickly, but under windows it didn't, and the CPU throttled itself down correctly.I'm suspecting on OS X it isn't, but haven't been able to verify yet.

6. WillEH thread starter macrumors 6502a

WillEH