O-M-G...why do people do this?


absolut_mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2003
935
0
Dallas, Texas
eva01 said:
and austria is such a nice country too....
Yes, Austria is a beautiful country, and the Austrians that I have met have all been very nice people.

Unfortunately there are sick people everywhere and they come in all sizes, shapes, colors, religions etc.

May their souls rest in peace.
 

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
16,574
0
A very sad case. I wonder what the autopsy of the four infants will show. My prayers go out to the infants, may they rest in peace, and be with the Lord in Heaven. The mother needs help. :(
 

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
2,425
0
Montana
Right, the "partner" didn't realize his gf had been pregnant 4 times. What a crock. It never ceases to amaze me the number of really sick people there are in this world. If you are of the mind that you'll kill the child because you can afford to raise it, maybe birth control would be a reasonable option? I'm completely disgusted.
 

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
1,759
2
Most parents want to protect their babies at any cost - including giving their own lives for there kids. What makes people hurt children? I will never, never understand.
 

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
daveL said:
Right, the "partner" didn't realize his gf had been pregnant 4 times. What a crock. It never ceases to amaze me the number of really sick people there are in this world. If you are of the mind that you'll kill the child because you can afford to raise it, maybe birth control would be a reasonable option? I'm completely disgusted.
It could be she told him they were given up for adoption, that they were still born, that they died right after child birth, that she had a late abortion or since there were four one of each.

I to find it difficult to believe that he didn't realize she was pregnant. Pregnant women smell different. Its a pheromone thing.
 

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
3,836
433
Dornbirn (Austria)
yeah i'm pretty sure he knew about i can't imagine that he somehow doesn't notice her belly 4 times

i wonder what turns out monday when the gendarmerie will reveal more information...
gonna watch tv news today perhaps they say something more even today
 

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
16,574
0
MongoTheGeek said:
It could be she told him they were given up for adoption, that they were still born, that they died right after child birth, that she had a late abortion or since there were four one of each.

I to find it difficult to believe that he didn't realize she was pregnant. Pregnant women smell different. Its a pheromone thing.
There are case where a woman doesn't realize she is pregnant. The woman is usually of large size already, so the change isn't that noticeable. So for this woman, would have to know what her body size is like.

A lot will be know after an autopsy. For the babies sake it would be better if they were stillborn.
:(
 

redAPPLE

macrumors 68030
May 7, 2002
2,614
2
2 Much Infinite Loops
MongoTheGeek said:
I to find it difficult to believe that he didn't realize she was pregnant. Pregnant women smell different. Its a pheromone thing.
off-topic: could this smell be defined? do women "stink" then? ok, stink may be the wrong word.
 

PickledSquirrel

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2003
236
0
Aarhus, DK
I can guarantee you that pregnant women difinitely smell different in the other sense of the word... When I was expecting my son, people STANK. :D

As for the parents of these children, they both need help. And perhaps sterilization or some other mean of reliable birth control.

-squirrel
 

the dr

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2005
43
0
London
absolut_mac said:
Yes, Austria is a beautiful country, and the Austrians that I have met have all been very nice people.

Unfortunately there are sick people everywhere and they come in all sizes, shapes, colors, religions etc.

May their souls rest in peace.
Adolf Hitler was an Austrian. But then George W Bush is an American. So no countries people are perfect. So I think making a connection between peoples nationalities and their actions is entirely futile.

doc
 

the dr

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2005
43
0
London
Sometimes I get the impression that there is an unusually high concentration of bible-bashers (read "devout religious") on this forum. Is this due to bible-belt americans or some other phenomenon? :confused:
 

the dr

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2005
43
0
London
gangst said:
Actually in the UK we call it bible bashers and not thumper.
And doesn't it make more sense? Alliteration, and all. I'm glad some people are posting about something other than intel processors. i'm bored of them already.
 

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
24,379
110
Location Location Location
MarkCollette said:
Probably something like post partem depression. Who knows?
Yeah, but the bf suffered it too? :p

daveL said:
Right, the "partner" didn't realize his gf had been pregnant 4 times. What a crock. It never ceases to amaze me the number of really sick people there are in this world. If you are of the mind that you'll kill the child because you can afford to raise it, maybe birth control would be a reasonable option? I'm completely disgusted.
This is 4 babies we're talking about. Are people 100% sure that they were her babies and not just ones they kidnapped?

Did she have quadruplets? Did she have 4 babies over four 9-month sessions and yet the bf didn't know?
 

the dr

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2005
43
0
London
Abstract said:
Yeah, but the bf suffered it too? :p



This is 4 babies we're talking about. Are people 100% sure that they were her babies and not just ones they kidnapped?

Did she have quadruplets? Did she have 4 babies over four 9-month sessions and yet the bf didn't know?
Maybe she had one of those shapely american-esque bodies and the increase in size from the quadruplets was proportionally negligable.

Not all americans of course - but you know the ones I'm talking about... ;)

doc