O SX 10.3.9 to 10.4 I need help!!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by boriginal, Oct 18, 2009.

1. boriginal macrumors newbie

Hey, i have a mac mini and a powerbook, the man mini has been running fine since i purchased it and still does, HOWEVER, i just purchased a midi dj controller (nu mark stealth control) and my current problem is that all the available dj software that will work with it, requires 10.4 and i do not know how to upgrade, i have spent a bit of money on the dj equipment and don't have any more to spend...if someone can please offer some help/advise it would very greatly appreciated

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Okay,you haven't given enough information. Which Mac has Panther that you want to upgrade to Tiger? Did you ever buy a copy of Tiger on PPC? If not, there's no way to get it at this point.

3. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

You will need to purchase a 10.4 retail CD in order to upgrade if you do not have one. I can't think of any retailers that might still have stock so EBay is your best bet. Just be sure you buy a retail copy; if the discs are gray, do not buy them!

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

The only way to upgrade to 10.4 (or later) is to spend money on a 10.4 (or later) install DVD.

5. boriginal thread starter macrumors newbie

man thanks, i wish you guys would of had put my mind at ease

the power book has the same operating system, sorry i should of made that clear.

6. LowEnder macrumors member

As you can see here, prices can vary greatly, Normally the DVD is the cheaper choice, Good luck!