o2 & 3.0 problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ironduke, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Ironduke Suspended

Ironduke

I updated this morning everything seemed to go well, I did the MMS text thing, I got an SMS telling me they were setting it up and would Message me when ready, went to sleep now all I get is...

Could Not activate cellular data network, you are not subscribed to a cellular data service.

im on contract pay monthly???

any help guys

2. Benjay macrumors member

It sounds like 3.0 reset your data settings. Go to settings > general > network > cellular data network and I think for pay monthly customers the APN field needs to be set to 'mobile.o2.co.uk'.

3. ParishYoung macrumors 6502a

If that doesn't work, I read somewhere that "idata.o2.co.uk" might.

Let us know.

4. Ironduke thread starter Suspended

Ironduke

it appears to be working now but speed is slow almost like edge eventhough 3g is showing

5. _themilkman macrumors member

I had this issue also, default settings all point to idata.o2.co.uk which doesnt work - setting it manually to mobile.o2.co.uk for celluar, wap.o2.co.uk for the others works but the speed is awful.

Some people have had no problems at all, so i assume its something to do with o2? Maybe migrating customers to this new server/whatever it is.

If anybody finds a solution please do let us know!

6. jordyh macrumors newbie

I had this problem and like the others changed it to 'mobile.o2.co.uk' and am experiencing slower than 2G data speeds :mad:

Guess there is nothing we can do (can't really ring up when we aren't even supposed to have 3.0 yet) till Weds and hope the problem fixes itself.

Regarding the MMS, I sent the 'MMS' text and got the reply saying they are sorting it and will text me when it's done. That text has now been in for 12 hours and nothing. MMS just hangs on sending; any ideas?

7. Ironduke thread starter Suspended

Ironduke

was your 3g jailbroken before updating