o2 3g problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rockchalk, Jul 12, 2008.

1. rockchalk macrumors newbie

Hi there

new to the forums. Got iphone 3g yesterday, all was fine, 3g signal was fine, this morning the 3g signal has gone, i am in the exact same place wher ei had full 3g all of last night but today i just cant pick up any 3g. is this just o2's servers playing up again or something?

thanks

2. ibosie macrumors 6502

ibosie

Probably the systems glitch. I went to try and buy one this morning - O2 Shop reckon the systems will be down until next week and for now all new sales have been put on hold.

3. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

It's probably the same as with EDGE on the old iPhone. I never saw that stick around for any length of time. The E would appear for a moment and then it would be gone.

Good luck getting 3G coverage anywhere except in major cities. O2's coverage is incredibly patchy.

4. arcsbite Guest

I had great 3G coverage yesterday
    today...nothing.

odd thing is I get the E and then the 3G logo but keep being told i'm not connected to the internet
    I assumed it was the 100,000,00,00,000 people testing out the service on their new phones today

5. arcsbite Guest

Go into your settings > General > Reset.

then reset network settings
    worked for me

I think mine broke because I had "restored" via itunes with a previous back up and it messed up the network.