O2 add call charges

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shiunn, May 31, 2008.

1. shiunn macrumors 6502

hi ppl,
    does anyone have any surprises when the bill comes after using the conference call features?

1)I just want to confirm if the minutes will be deducted from your free minutes or not. The reason I'm asking is- I remember using the 3G conference call years ago, and those are not included in the free minutes. And I still don't think companies have become more generous.

2)Also, please consider this scenario. I'm calling my sister, who is also using the iphone. And our father calls me from abroad, using a calling card over a normal land line to me, and I add him to the call. Who's paying extra?

Thanks! answering these questions will really ease these nagging worries.

2. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

1)On my o2 Simplicity, if i use the conference call feature and i call the two people. If i talk to them for 10 minutes, it will take 20minutes off my free minutes. Think of it as paying for each call...

2)You are paying extra

3. shiunn thread starter macrumors 6502

out of curiosity, how does this 3-way conversation thing work? since it's "3-way", shouldn't the deduction be 3times instead of just 2times?

4. Sardukar macrumors member

If you call someone and then someone calls you, and you link them, you pay for one call - the one you started.

If you call someone, and then call someone else and then link them, you pay for two calls - the two you started.

If someone calls you, and you call someone else and then link them, you pay for one call - the one you started.

Its not that complicated

5. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

If it did, a proper conference call would be exorbitant.If there are no real charges for doing conference calls, solely paying for who you called would make more sense.

6. shiunn thread starter macrumors 6502

i think i understand now. no hidden surprises!
    thanks