O2 and MMS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kolax, Mar 17, 2009.

1. kolax macrumors G3

Since MMS will officially be supported by the iPhone, will our contracts include MMS? Or is this an "extra" we'll have to take out?

2. VibrantGravy macrumors newbie

I assume it's the same as data, included within reason

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

IIRC

1 MMS = 4 SMS on my old contract (and possibly even my current one). So they were taken out of the free allowance but at a higher rate.

Who knows what they will actually do though.

4. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

I'm wondering the same about AT&T... but I'm pretty sure if you get unlimited text on a regular ol' cell phone, MMS is included... right?

5. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

That was on O2? I don't mind 1 MMS message taking up a few SMS's, but I would mind being charged separately! On the odd occasion that I do want to send an MMS, I want it to be part of my allowance.

Summer release for iPhone 3.0 will probably bring a new iPhone model along with it. And I can see O2 saying, "MMS only supported on contracts with the new iPhone."

6. macgrl macrumors 65816

I am on o2 also, and would expect that they would have some multiples of sms per mms, but then they may decide that they want us to pay them yet more money and buy a bolt on or charge per mms. I never really used mms on my old phone and don't really miss it on the iphone, although there have been 1 or 2 occassions where I would have like to have had the option.

7. macgrl macrumors 65816

Summer release for iPhone 3.0 will probably bring a new iPhone model along with it. And I can see O2 saying, "MMS only supported on contracts with the new iPhone."[/QUOTE]

When o2 introduced the iphone 3g did they allow those who had the previous iphone model to upgrade? I think they did but can't really remember.

8. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

That's still the case.

Picture 4.png

I got charged the 4 texts per text message when I used my iPhone in France last summer, so I would think the picture message charge will be the same on the iPhone plans.

9. intoxicating macrumors newbie

I have MMS active on my iphone SIM and can confirm atm that sending a MMS doesn't cost anything, it doesn't even reduce the texts that I've noticed. But of course by the summer they'll charge one way or another for it.

10. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

You had to pay to upgrade to the new phone, and your contract got extended/started fresh from that day again.

Ahh good stuff! Hopefully they'll keep it that way - I'll send one MMS in a blue moon, but for that time, I don't want to have to fork out 20p or something.

11. The Phazer macrumors 68030

Yeah, I think the 4 SMS = 1 MMS situation is nigh certain.

Phazer

12. Jowl macrumors 6502

That would be cool. I don;t send MMS often either but I would want it to be part of my allowance.

13. wil49 macrumors member

I hope it is part of our bundle, it was in my last O2 contract with my Nokia.

14. macgrl macrumors 65816