O2 are getting 13,000 orders per second

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 03sho, Jul 9, 2008.

1. 03sho macrumors 6502a

Just rang and the lady there was very helpful, my iphone atm is showing out of stock and she said that I won't be getting it on friday . She said they are getting 13,000 orders per second.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Also she told me that there will be more info on stock levels tomorrow on the website.

So what are the chances of her getting it all wrong and me getting my Iphone on friday?:confused:

:(:(:(

2. sananda macrumors 68020

i don't see how unless everyone in the country is buying several.

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

If you stop and think about that for even a moment, do you not think that something maybe isn't quite accurate there? That's almost 47m per hour.

4. frosse macrumors 6502a

Hahaha yeaaaaah right. And Steve Jobs secret lover is Steve Ballmer. ;)

5. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

And yet again, the iPhone forum takes it to another level :p

6. jdcrow711 macrumors regular

It looks like perhaps immediately when pre-orders began they had a huge number of orders.... for one second. Yet O2 is acting like they are getting that many EVERY second.

sad.

7. 03sho thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes I know, but the lady was has such a cute voice:p

She was sooo sure.:confused:

8. johnwin macrumors 6502

johnwin

Please stop and think before you post - that's 46.8 million orders per hour, this means that by 9:30am on Monday every person in the uk must have gone on line and ordered an iPhone.

They *may* have peaked at 13,000 server requests per second. Not hte same thing

9. Joe23 macrumors 6502

She's quoting from the statement made by Stephen Shurrock, Sales Director of O2, from yesterday:

That was before it all went tits up...

10. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Which is also complete bollocks, or in the very best case poorly worded.

Maybe the site was taking 13,000 hits per second over all, but they certainly weren't even attempting to process 13,000 orders.

11. Lau Guest

Of course, if they had actually given priority to people that pre-registered like they said they would, they wouldn't have been getting that many hits and the site wouldn't have gone down and we'd all be happy. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, and it is clearly complete insulting nonsense, and the more they bleat on, the more incompetent they look...

12. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

Ya I don't think she knows what she is talking about Maybe she has 13,000 things going on in her head???? now thats possible

13. GR33NIE macrumors 6502

13500 in total they told me this morning, im definately just a number now :p

14. Joe23 macrumors 6502

I think you're right. It's definitely a poorly worded email, designed for the average consumer to think "Ooh, big important figures, maybe I'll let them off then..."

15. Holty123 macrumors 6502

Holty123

Just industry HYPE it was like this when iphone 1 came out i went to my local 02 store that night at 6pm and i was 2nd in the queue if you can call it that i suppose technically it was a queue when i got there