O2 Business iPhone for Friday (FREE) (NO SIM)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mdtsuk, Jul 9, 2008.

1. mdtsuk macrumors member

On Monday I sent an email to iPhoneBusiness@o2.co.uk requesting that my iPhone was moved back onto the Business Account and my wifes Blackberry to be replaced with a new iPhone. Both 16GB, one black and one white (thought I'd chance my luck), with shared minutes.

I have just got a call from O2 advising me that they are completely out of stock of 16GB iPhones (centrally, not instore), but they can send me an 8GB phone (that's enough for the wife) to arrive on Friday. I have been advised to take the sim out of the blackberry and put it in the iPhone, the iPhone does not come with a sim. The phone will be free on a 500 shares minutes contract (about £60/m), the second iPhone (16GB) will be £130. I need to keep checking the website to see when the 16GB Black is back in stock, and wait for the white one to be released.

From this experience I note the following:
    1. O2 are fulfilling business orders for the 11th.
    2. O2 can take phone/email orders before the 11th.
    3. O2 do not have 16GB iPhones in their central warehouse.
    4. O2 are not out of stock of the 8GB iPhones in the warehouse.
    5. The sim does not seem to be specific to the iPhone 3G, as it was with the original.
    6. I will have an iPhone 3G to play with on Friday (even though it's for the wife)
    I just wanted to share this with you all ;)

2. drpellypo macrumors 6502

My suspicions seem to have been born out here. I suspected that O2 couldn't cope with the demand from the point of view of server capacity, and staffing levels, so rather than carry on as their were, they just shut the website, and said 'out of stock.' I find it very difficult to believe they have run out of phones so quickly.