O2: Can I get a White iPhone or not?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Devil's Refugee, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Devil's Refugee macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if O2 are going to sell the White 16Gb iPhone or not, there's no option when pre-ordering either.

2. ascender macrumors 68020

If there's no option when pre-ordering then it doesn't look like the white one is available for launch. Best bet is to phone O2 (stop the s******ing at the back :)) and ask them.

That was rumoured before today though, that the white one wouldn't be available for launch.

Edit: Took me a minute to realise why that word had been censored. Replace it with laughing instead.

3. danielforman macrumors regular

I have heard from someone on another forum that O2 have told him it could be about 2 weeks before they will start selling the white version. But don't take this as being 100% accurate. We have seen quite a bit of conflicting info come out of O2 just lately.

4. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

Hopefully we'll get some of the spare Canadian ones :p

It does look like no white at launch though, otherwise they'd be offering them online.

5. kid rock macrumors regular

I spoke to customer services... who at first denied there was one (I set them straight!) and that all the iPhones from o2 will be black!!

Not good as I want a White one to match my MacBook (sad I know) so I may not even upgrade becuase of this!

Its like telling us in the uk that all we can have is black cars when France can have White and black! Not happy!

Si

6. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Attached Files:

7. vincebio macrumors 6502a

vincebio

i just phoned my mate in O2 in glasgow..

the white 16gb iPhone will be available on August 1st, with a pre-order available by telephone on Monday 28th July.

You have really got to ask why O2 didnt release this information to the public....but then when you look at the Pay/GO info, its been a bit of a PR disaster for them all in all.

oh well, another 3 weeks to wait..

8. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

Yeah me too :eek:
    Still nevermind, will give me a chance to try the 3G iPhone out in person in store before ordering. Plus by the time I get my white one, all those who preordered the black one will own scratched up iPhones* :p

(*not necessarily true, but how I'm consoling myself ;))

9. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Ok, now it looks like they've sold out of the black too.

R-Fly

Attached Files:

10. The Phazer macrumors 68030

Hopefully this is true. I agree that it's a total mess that they didn't make this clear.

Phazer

11. spinstorm macrumors 68000

Can someone confirm for me about the upgrade code... I have a feeling I got the code then got redirected to the failsafe version which doesn't give you any status.

I am happy to do it again if the site works but it still doesn't for upgrades!

EDIT: Got it to send me another code but won't go through to next stage yet!

It appears you can get more than one upgrade code - It must be a security measure to make sure your not pretending to upgrade or something!

12. electrobix macrumors newbie

This is really annoying, I've been holding out on buying a new phone while waiting for the new white iPhone for weeks, now at the last minute they add another few weeks/months on to the waiting time?!

Can't O2 get their act together, I cant imagine the American customers putting up with delays like this! :eek:

13. Pointer macrumors regular

Damn, ever since the white version was announced I have been pondering whether to get the white or black. I finally settled on White at the weekend. Guess it will be black now!

14. zeasar macrumors regular

zeasar

Hey, could you do a lot of us a favour and ask your mate when is the PAYG gona be available, please?;)