O2 Caving In????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Holty123, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Holty123 macrumors 6502

Holty123

After getting so many negative comments on here on Tuesday about my comments about O2's upgrade prices and my post eventually got closed because users were getting a bit nasty some Mods were also giving nasty feedback it just goes to show that i was not the only one who felt let down by O2 seems the bad press that they were getting has led them to give us a bit of a break not much but hey you never know they might go even further yet. This information is now on the O2 website and does differ somewhat from Tuesdays upgrade prices and makes the point i was trying to make about the unfair upgrade price!
    -----------------

Option 1 - wait until eligible for an upgrade.
    All O2 Pay Monthly customers are part of O2 Priority List and those paying £35 or more a month, have the oppotunity to upgrade early. Customers won't have to see out the full term of their existing contract before being eligible for an upgrade.
    THIS BIT BELOW IS A START I SUPPOSE
    All customers continually spending over a minimum of £80.00 a month, receive a 6 month early upgrade
    All customers continually spending over a minimum of £50.00 a month, receive a 3 month early upgrade
    All customers continually spending a minimum of £35.00 a month, receive a 1 month early upgrade

2. freeman24 Guest

I thought this has always been the case? swear thats how i got upgraded on my other contract.

3. AlfaLavala macrumors regular

All customers who have already given us lots of money can pay less now; all customers who haven't can pay us more now!

4. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

This isn't anything new - O2 do it for all their contract customers (see here). The only thing that's "new" is they are making it a bit more obvious

5. limesmoothie macrumors 6502

Sadly, this is not a new development, the priority list has been in operation for a while.

Looks like O2 are trying to tough it out and hoping the anger will subside. Lets see what happens if launch day is a damb squib.

6. Holty123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Holty123

Sorry forgot to also say i rang O2 today to downgrade from £45 to £35 so did three of my friends we all thought by staying on the £45 a month plan that we would get a better upgrade price, it's not that we are now being awkward we just think we have given enough of our cash to O2, so from now to when our contracts are up which is seven months we will each save £70 now lets say just a thousand people to the same £70,000 well lets say the same thousand people bought the 3GS at say £100 which i would be happy to pay they would have made an extra £100,000 and signed them up for an extra 18 months
    so if you are nine months or more into your contract with O2 do the same not to get back at O2 but to save yourselves some cash because lets face it you have spent enough
    :rolleyes:

7. Holty123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Holty123

I know it is not new it is the fact that it is now updated on the O2 iphone web page

8. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

You only go on those loyalty bands after a year or something with them. Its also meant to be based on your last four bills I think, come review. But you're not guaranteed a review or anything. Its all a bit ambiguous but being in those loyalty bands is not a right, its a privilege which O2 give out when they want to and to who they want.

9. Cardy macrumors member

I too rang o2 today to downgrade my account. I told them it was my own little protest.

I must say that o2 staff, every time I ring, are top notch. The nice lady replied that there were hundreds of people doing the same, and was sorry I felt that way.

I am going to wait until my contract's up, and then it's going to be PAYG all the way for me.

10. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPod touch 32GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

If you're not making use of the full benefits of your contract it definitely makes sense to drop down to a lower contract.

11. Holty123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Holty123

I agree i have no problem with O2 they were also very polite with me also i'm just trying to claw a bit of the money back

12. Cloudane macrumors 65816

Cloudane

This is normal, it's called O2 Priority. Conveniently, most iPhone users (those on the middle ground tariff) are paying £34.25/month and so are 75p short of the 1-month-early level.

13. Holty123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Holty123

Anyway enough of the negatives being Iphone Developers we must say that the 3.0 GM is like having a new phone anyway so at least we and everybody else come Wednesday will have something new to play with!

14. ayzee macrumors 6502a

ayzee

I dont think they will cave in, they are a business after all and I think this is a business decision. It may make financial sense, but in the long run I think this will hurt their customer base. I for one am now letting my contract run down, and wont be getting a contract with O2 again. Ive always thought their customer support is top notch, but this "business" decision has soured my feelings of them.

Just hope that another network also gets the next iPhone, so we can really all tell O2 to stick it ;)

15. Beaverfish macrumors regular

I know what you mean, but if I think enough of us moan/email/move our tariff down a notch. They must have to take notice? Surely ?

16. ayzee macrumors 6502a

ayzee

They may eventually if you have the patience to wait until the initial launch hype dies down, and when the dust clears they realize that they haven't sold as many as they thought they would.

17. Holty123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Holty123

Maybe... it is just the way they worded the upgrade process and prices on Tuesday we felt that existing customers were sort of pushed out, we thought a bit more loyalty would have gone a long way but hey we were wrong, and all the negative comments we got about why should we get special treatment blah blah blah were so off point, we understand O2 are a business and that the 3G was subsidized a different story than last years 3G launch O2 sent us text messages to our old iPhones that said things like "loyal customers" "be the first to get your hands on the new iPhone 3G" etc etc, no mention of just wait till next year mate!

anyway enough said, think we will make a how much have you spent with O2 App lol

18. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

They'll be even more annoyed if it causes more to buy PAYG from Apple stores, and crack down on their month to month charges through their PAYG SIM/old SIM.

19. AliFun3 macrumors member

what im wondering is do we actually get our 1 month early upgrade if we are paying the ?34.25. Does anyone have any idea? Also i applied to upgrade the other day said i was eligible 1 month in advance so im assuming the 75p doesnt affect it?