O2: Check remaining texts / minutes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajthomason, Jul 18, 2008.

1. ajthomason macrumors 6502

Hi There.

I never used to be a big texter, but I've been sending a lot since last Friday and I'm only on the £30 plan, so I only have 125 texts (could be less, I can't remember) and I really don't want to go over the limit.

The problem is that for the last 2 days, the online "Allowance" page just shows the table headings and no content, so I can't find out online (does this happen for anyone else as well?). I have tried texting O2's system and it just tells me that it is unavailable and their support has just closed, so I can't get through on there.

I don't want to spend any money! Any ideas of a fourth way to check?!

2. Mitch1984 macrumors 6502

Mitch1984

If you pay just a 5er more, you get hundres more texts and minutes, then there's no worries.

3. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Send a blank (one space) text to 21202 I'm not sure if it uses up a text. You will get a reply telling you how many minutes and texts you have left.

4. ajthomason thread starter macrumors 6502

I know. But I used to be on a PAYG phone and spent only £5 per month or so, and I didn't see any point in throwing away another £5 per month when signing up for a contract - sure, I get more texts, but I never thought that I would use them. Throwing away £60 per year just for a slight feeling of safety was, well, pointless.

5. ajthomason thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks anyway.

Attached Files:

6. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Call 100 (Customer Services) during operational hours and choose the option to have your remaining balance texted to you.

7. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Log on to your account, click on "Home", click "View My O2", scroll down and click the "view my allowance details" box and it shows you what you have used / have got left.

Attached Files:

8. ajthomason thread starter macrumors 6502

Again, Thanks Anyway.

Attached Files:

9. draperm25 macrumors regular

draperm25

Well i noticed i sent alot more texts when i had my iPhone, so you can either go up to the next tariff £35 for 500texts or add a Bolt-on for £7.50 for Unlimited Texts £37.50 then and you never have to worry about whether you would go over or not

10. ajthomason thread starter macrumors 6502

That worked fine, thanks. I don't see why you have to do it during business hours though! Or why texting the number gives me an error, but phoning works fine. Oh well!

I did get an email back from O2's support (sent on yesterday morning). The email just said that they could not help me because I entered the wrong DOB... I am positive that I entered it correctly, but I have no way to check - seems like someone just fobbed me off to another person to deal with when I reply!

11. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

It's a good service, introduced quite recently I think.

I'm not sure why it can't be used 24 hours a day. It is an automated service after all.

12. sibruk macrumors 6502a

21202 and the O2 web portal (View My Bill) work just fine for me. It sounds like there is a problem with your account. Call 2302 from your iPhone (it's free) and say that these two services aren't working correctly on your account.

13. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

Working fine for me, but it did take a day from when the account was set up to when I could use the web interface. If it's been longer than that, you should call O2.

14. ajthomason thread starter macrumors 6502

The thing is that it was working up until the day after O2 ported my number, so I assumed that it had something to do with that. I've emailed them and will leave it at that for a week or so - at least I have a way of finding out now.

15. BouncinDave macrumors member

BouncinDave

When I look online, I have my £35 tariff, but then another £6.60 called a monthly extra (Unlimited Anyone UK Texts). I never asked for this anywhere down the line...

Anyone have the same problem?

16. owaters macrumors member

did you manage to get this working? If so, how?

Thanks

17. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

Texting to 21202 only works when your 'my O2' on the website works. Usually there is a system maintenance at midnight. Hence why texting also doesn't work.

18. badgerman macrumors 6502a

21202 does not work if porter number

It won't work until your next bill. It's because you porter your number over from another network. I have the same prob and customer services just confirmed this is the case. They can also give you remaing balance over the phone. Call 202

19. synagence macrumors 6502a

One thing that i just noticed on my o2 account which might have been affecting things is that the O2 registration (done instore) still had the temporary number given to me by O2 pre-porting.... so i just changed it on there and suddenly things are working for me ...