O2 claiming no iPhone 5 in the UK until December

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tobassist, Mar 28, 2011.

1. tobassist macrumors newbie

O2 are trying to push me into upgrading my contract but I've told them I will wait for the next iPhone. There response is to tell me it won't be available until December at the earliest.

Is this just marketing talk or something more?

2. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Until Apple announces it, don't believe anyone when they give you release dates. Its not logical.

3. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

O2 have less idea when the iPhone 5 is coming out than you do - they're just saying what they need to in order to convince you to sign up for another contract. They tried that with me this time last year.

Speak to their retentions team and ask for a SIM-only (1 month) tariff to tide you over until the iPhone 5 comes out, I've heard of people getting stupidly good deals such as £10-15/mth since they're out of contract.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. I think that they were just simply trying to push you into signing a new contract.

5. youknome macrumors 6502

youknome

All they want you to do is sign a new contract. It's like going into the Apple store, I've talked to some staff and they don't acknowledge the existant of an iPhone 5.

6. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

7. elan123 macrumors 6502

They don't know either... apple probably doesn't even know.

8. shandyman Suspended

the carriers won't know until a couple of weeks before, if that. hell i went into orange the day after jobs announce the iPhone 4 and they claimed it wasn't coming out til xmas, bearing in mind apple had already announced when the UK was getting it....