O2, clap clap clap

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by colcass, Jul 16, 2008.

1. colcass macrumors member

well, finally, O2 have swapped the "No Service" for "O2-UK"
    Very nice of them eh, only took 6 days, and about 4 hrs of phone calls

Is the anyone else who bought last friday still not got service yet?

2. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

On my iPhone I often see "No Service" because O2's network is so patchy. Oh how I wish it was Orange.

3. colcass thread starter macrumors member

move to England then and stop moaning, all of the posts I see you do are moaning about O2 and their network at your house

4. sibruk macrumors 6502a

5. Cousin Dirk macrumors 6502a

That's a golf clap, right? We're all still pissed at O2 right?

/I'm saving my applause for when they deserve it
    //nothing yet

6. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

O2 has coverage issues across the whole of the UK. While on a recent trip to Barrow-In-Furness coverage was woeful too.

7. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

Dude...don't be so rude.

I'm from South Wales and go to Uni in Egham, Surrey. In both places (and for most of the journey between), O2's signal is horrible. I'm glad I switched to Orange. Less pretentious, yet much better at everything (signal, customer service etc). Here's hoping the iPhone comes onto Orange UK once O2's exclusivity is up.

8. Cousin Dirk macrumors 6502a

I'm pulling for Vodafone, since they're the only network to have a signal in my workplace.

9. goffski macrumors member

Me! Still no service on this phone sat in front of me. Im getting a little pi$$ed off ringing them now as they just keep taking all the details from the order from that was filled out on Friday and telling me it will be activated in 24hrs. I tell a lie, last time i spoke with them they told me by Friday. Great, that means i've had a white iPod Touch for a week!

10. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

Well, if they switch carriers but stay exclusive, Vodafone would be the better operator (always catered to web browsing on mobile phones - it just makes sense), but at the end of the day, I hope they just let all carriers sell the darn thing. THAT would be the best way to stem unlocking/jailbreaking!

11. goffski macrumors member

Just thought i'd let you all know that after waiting 113 hours its finally working!

12. solusoracle macrumors member

My phone arrived wednesday in the post and I am so pleased it's on O2. Activated without problem immediately out of the box and O2 are the only network to have signal in my house and workplace. I live in a remote area of Cornwall.

Noticed on day of arrival that I wasn't receiving 3g signal, phoned customer services and on Thursday a new 3g sim arrived and was activated immediately. 3g signal is now available at work in St Ives.