o2, Complaint about level of service.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Smc1978, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Smc1978 macrumors newbie

I sent a query about the level of service at o2 and got this back, might be worth complaining a little bit, something is better than nothing.

"Thank you for emailing us about your order () for the new 16Gb iPhone 3G.

I understand you're concerned about your order for the new 3G iPhone. The 16Gb iPhone is currently not in stock. As you've probably seen, there's been a huge demand of the new iPhone and we've now sold out. This is the reason you haven't received your 16Gb iPhone.

We're working closely with Apple to get more iPhone 3Gs and they'll coming in weekly batches.

As soon as the 16Gb iPhone will be available with us, we'll dispatch it for you. After your order is dispatched from our warehouse, you'll receive an automated email about the dispatch of your order.

Please email us when you receive your new iPhone, we'll then apply a line rental credit to your account for the period you were without iPhone.

We'll keep you posted on specific details by regularly updating our iPhone page: o2.co.uk/iphone.

I appreciate your patience with this matter.
    "

Smc

2. zedLondon macrumors member

I couldn't get mine pre-orderd (mess up because i'm down as a business customer even tho i'm not) so I'll have to pop into an O2 store or a CPW.

I imagine there will be shortages for a while still

It's so frustrating! I want my iPhone now! :(

3. felixkunze macrumors member

At least you seem to have an iPhone guaranteed for you when they come into stock. From my experience, I may end up having to wait again for the next batch to come in as there are still loads of people who can't get their hands on an iPhone due to O2 being out of stock.

I called two stores today, they are now saying its going to be 3-4 weeks before they get stock. On Friday they were saying 'monday/tuesday' we'll have stock. And their website says they'll get weekly stock. I don't think they actually know when they will receive shipments.

4. Smc1978 thread starter macrumors newbie

Same here, all we can do is wait.

Its a great device, Currently have a 2.5g so I've had a go on the apps store which is great too.

A little bit of sympathy from o2 goes a long way for me personally, Just the lack of communication that bothers.

Still Crossing my fingers it arrives this week.

Smc

5. Smc1978 thread starter macrumors newbie

3 - 4 weeks !! wow thats mental.

I hope you get them sooner, Its a shame companies have to do this to build the hype up so people are gagging to get their hands on one.

Its exactly the same with the nintendo wii, 2 years running.

Smc