O2 Confirmation email - What time did you order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by waffabix, Jul 8, 2008.

1. waffabix macrumors newbie

Those of you that have recieved the emails confirming your order what time did you make your order?

I ordered at 8.30 and am still awaiting my confirmation. I spoke to the third O2 guy today who told me I will recieve a text/email by tomorow informing me of my order status

What time did you all order? those of you who have had orders confirmed!

Thanks

2. mrhands123 macrumors member

why create a new thread?? there is already one on this matter..

3. GreatOldOne macrumors member

ordered at approx. 8:20ish. Email arrived at 8:22 according to mail on my iPhone.

4. MacMalv macrumors regular

i got my confirmation about 10 minutes ago saying it has been passed to the warehouse. i ordered at about 8.30 yesterday morning.

5. waffabix thread starter macrumors newbie

Those of you that have had orders passed to warehouse..

What did you order

8gb or 16gb?

6. GreatOldOne macrumors member

Mine hasn't (as yet) been passed on to the warehouse - I ordered a 16Gb

7. waffabix thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm seeing a trend here..

8gb people are starting to have orders passed onto ware house

16gb not as of yet, I think (and i may be wrong) but maybe o2 are not recieving their 16gb till tommorow and cannot commit until then?

I just do not know - but then neither do o2

8. GreatOldOne macrumors member

No they don't - I've just rung the 0870 225 7879 number to see what the state of play is, as not recieveing a moved to ware house email was starteing worry me.

The girl i got through to wasn't very helpful at all. She asked if I had a the confirmation email (which I have), but she just said that there wasn't anything else she could update me with that wasn't already in the mail and on My O2.

She did intimate that there would be further emails later though.

9. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

I got my email saying my 16gig had been 'passed to warehouse' about 30 seconds after my original confirmation. I've had 3 emails so far and hopefully *fingers crossed* everything is ok.

10. GreatOldOne macrumors member

I've had money taken from my Card for it now, but still no change of status on My O2, and no email.

11. Jowl macrumors 6502

Same for me. I ordered around 9am (if not a little before - took me a few attempt to get through)

12. mooty macrumors regular

same here... no emails at all - MyO2 order has a status of "In Progress"

13. madmanuk Guest

My order was placed about 0915.
    I got first email at 1609 that evening.

That email was for verification of ID and address.

Those of you who have not done this yet might want to keep your driving licence handy...

The guy I spoke to confirmed that I should recieve my 16gb iPhone on Friday.

I have not had further emails and my order status is still "In Progress"

14. vendettabass macrumors 6502a

vendettabass

truth is... I'm not sure when I ordered! I got my email this morning.

I was trying the failback page from about 9am to about 1pm! So I've no idea when my order registered really!

15. digmo macrumors member

I am in the same position, I was trying from 8.30 to 2pm who knows when it worked.

That said, is the passed to warehouse this line in the email "

If you have ordered a new handset, your order has been passed to our warehouse for processing. We'll let you know shortly when it will be dispatched.

Just, it looks pretty generic to me from my email.

David

16. waffabix thread starter macrumors newbie

Exactly the same still NO emails/texts (i'm a new iPhone customer) money has gone for the 16gb plus £100 bond?? (what for i have no idea)

Just waiting for text/email i was told last night by o2 i would have something by 4pm today (yeah right lol) we'll wait and see!

17. Ancient Imhotep macrumors newbie

Ancient Imhotep

Well I ordered a 16GB as an Upgrade to my existing iPhone at about 11am.

I got my first e-mail at 11:12:09am thanking me for my upgrade order and that they were processing and would update me shortly.

Then I got my second e-mail at 11:12:11am saying that if I had ordered a handset my order had been passed to the warehouse for processing and they would let me know shortly when it would be dispatched.

My third e-mail arrived at 03:12:24pm and said that my order was still being processed and if accepted, should be dispatched to me within the next 5 days. It also said that any iPhone 3G order would be delivered on or after 11th July. It then said that they would send me an SMS or e-mail to confirm when my order had been accepted and despatched.

Because it was an upgrade I selected to have the £59.99 charged to my O2 bill so I do not have anyway to see if they have taken any money.

The order of the e-mails makes no sense, they confirm receipt of the order, then they say that it has been passed to the warehouse for processing and then they e-mail to say they will let me know when it is accepted - does this mean that the e-mails have been received in the wrong order???

18. Ancient Imhotep macrumors newbie

Ancient Imhotep

Ok, I decided that it was worth speaking with O2 regarding the e-mails and called their upgrade line.

The guy was very helpful and said that basically the e-mails got delayed and might not have arrived in the correct order due to the number of orders.

He confirmed that my 16GB iPhone 3G is already boxed up in their warehouse with the address label and DHL sticker on it. All that their warehouse will do tomorrow is scan the DHL sticker to provide the system with an update to say dispatched and to provide the parcel number.

I asked if he was certain this is the case and he said 110%. He said that if I called back tomorrow they would be able to provide the DHL parcel number for tracking purposes.

Had a chat with him for about 5 minutes about the whole thing and he really did seem to know what he was talking about.