O2 Contract Extension for 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phil A., Aug 28, 2008.

1. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

--edit--
    It seems as this may just be a mistake on my account rather than O2 policy
    --end edit--

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this previously (couldn't find it in a search), but I noticed something tonight that took me a bit by surprise:
    When I bought my 3G, I upgraded from my old iPhone after reading about the offer on O2's website:
    I assumed that this meant I would be signing up for a new 18 month contract from the date I bought the phone and my old contract would be cancelled.

However, according to O2's website, my contract renewal date on my 3G iPhone is November 2010 (i.e. 3 years after I bought my original iPhone).

It seems from this that the new 18 month contract is added to the end of the original one, and doesn't replace it at all.

It doesn't really bother me as I don't intend going anywhere else, but it could well limit upgrade options next year (assuming another iPhone is released), and people should be aware of exactly what they're signing up for with the new phone

2. philgilder macrumors 68000

thats wrong, it should be 18 months from when you purchased the 3g
    contact o2

3. Phil A. thread starter Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up. My wife checked her account and she has the expected renewal date of 18 months after she got her 3G, so it looks like I'm just unlucky and O2 messed my account up. I'll give them a call in the morning.