O2 Contract Renewal Date (After Successful iPhone 3G Upgrade)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RichUK89, Jul 9, 2008.

1. RichUK89 macrumors newbie

Just going through the My O2' section of the O2 site and noticed following my upgrade the renewal date has changed to 8 Nov 2010 (upgrade went through today), but it must be wrong, surely it should be 8 Jan 2010??

Anyone else noticed this?

2. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

Sounds like you're down for a 28 month contract :confused: Of course, that's definitely incorrect, so it's probably just an error - don't worry about it :)

I think you're right, it should be January. I'd contact O2 if I were you.

Good luck :)

3. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Did you get your original iPhone in November last year? If so it looks as if they've tagged 18 months onto the end of your original 18 month period rather than resetting it to 18 months from date of upgrade order, probably in error. It seems like they're having more issues with their systems!

I've checked their site again and it says you have to agree to a new 18 month contract - nothing about extending your original contract by another 18 months:

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsconditions/iphone

1. This promotion is only available to O2 customers who bought a 2G iPhone and signed up to a Pay Monthly airtime contract on an iPhone tariff on or before 10 July 2008 (“Customer”).

2. In consideration of the Customer agreeing to a new 18 month minimum term Pay Monthly airtime contract (“the New Contract”) terms at o2.co.uk/terms), each Customer may apply for an early upgrade of their iPhone to the new iPhone 3G which is available from 11 July 2008.

3. Offer expires 11 October 2008.

4. Upon entering into the New Contract the Customer’s existing iPhone tariff airtime contract will be terminated with immediate effect.

5. If the Customer upgrades in accordance with this promotional offer, any unused allowances will be lost. The Customer will not be able to move back to their old tariff after they have upgraded.

Please see o2.co.uk/iPhone for guidance about how the existing iPhone can be “handed down” to a friend or family member.

I wouldn't worry about it, but would contact them to get it sorted

4. RichUK89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Never mind it seems to have correct its self anyway! At first yeh it looked as if they'd added an additional 18 months on top and not restarted the contract, checked the t&c's and knew it was wrong!

Thanks for the advice anyway!!