o2 Contract/Tariff Help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jarulejt, Nov 9, 2007.

1. jarulejt macrumors newbie

Was gonna just buy an unlocked Iphone off ebay, but now im just gonna go down and get a Contract tommorow, Any news on whether theyr still in stock nationwide?

Whats the tariffs like?

I fancied the 600 mins 500 text, just wondering if the Minutes were X Network and Anytime?? Same with the texts??

And what is the cost on WAP? Using youtube etc, is that all Free or does it cost extra??

Thanks all!!

2. SayCheese macrumors 6502a

I would guess so. I have not heard anyone say that they had problems getting an iPhone as the store had sold out.

The tariff's are a little expensive for what you get compared to other networks.
    The minutes are cross network anytime and so are the text messages.

The data (that's Youtube/Email/Internet access etc) is all included in the price plan. So is access to 7500 Wi-Fi hotspots nationwide through The Cloud.
    Oh and you also get visual voicemail too.

3. jarulejt thread starter macrumors newbie

So you can Surf and Download unlimited for Free at anytime basically?? If soo nice, as i use a lot of MSN etc at work.

Cos at the moment im on a monthly subscription basis wit my old contract and phone, i get

1,000 Antime Text
    600 X-Net Mins Anytime
    Unlimited Phone Calls to O2
    & An Unlimited Access To WAP/Internet

For 30 pounds a month, thats why i was wantin to get one unlocked so that i could use that contract.

What would you recommend?? Tariff wise?

Cheers

4. jarulejt thread starter macrumors newbie

Also how come on the O2 website it says like 45mins till release...

5. SayCheese macrumors 6502a

That is a good deal that you are on.

The decision to switch really has to be based upon what you use. If you use all 1000 texts a month then you are looking at a lot of extra ££ a month in terms of either going over the monthly allowance or adding bolt-on's.

The calls to other O2 phones WILL come out of your allowance with the iPhone plan they are not unlimited free calls as you get currently.

However you do get unlimited access to the internet and Cloud hotspots and Visual Voicemail.

It all depends on what you are prepared to trade in terms of allowance.

Also I believe that the iPhone does not support MSN or any other kind of Instant messaging natively. If that is a big deal to you then you might have to hack it.

Remember though that if you hack the iPhone you instantly void your warranty and you risk it becoming a brick the next time Apple launches an update.

If you want more info then you can PM me.

6. Project macrumors 68020

iphone.beejive.com for all of your MSN/WL messaging needs.

7. jarulejt thread starter macrumors newbie

Nice got any more cool websites for software, and these wont mess thePhone up will they..

Sorry im a noob!