O2 Contract Tranferring Numbers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by solusoracle, Jul 9, 2008.

1. solusoracle macrumors member

Will O2 transfer my current number to a new iPhone account and transfer my sisters current pay and go mobile number to my old account?

I am a current O2 account holder who still has 6 months left on an 18 month contract. I upgraded to a Sony Ericsson W880i in June last year expecting to be able to upgrade in a further 12 months like I have been doing every year but I was unknowingly pushed onto an 18 month contract term.

I am still very interested in getting an iPhone but realise that I am not eligible. It appears that speaking to O2 about the miss sold contract term will yield no result. I am therefore considering purchasing a new iPhone contract instore on Friday. I would like to keep my current number but do not wish to buy myself out of the remaining six months. My sister currently has a pay and go mobile and is willing to pay me for the remaining 6 months of the contract. Will O2 transfer my current number to a new iPhone account and transfer her current pay and go mobile number to my old account?

2. solusoracle thread starter macrumors member

I have spoken once again to customer services and the lady I have spoken to is not sure about this transferring of numbers. She said she needs me to speak to a supervisior.

3. barryallott macrumors member

4. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

in short no!

basically you can only do one transfer in or out

you want to transfer your sister's in and yours out to the iPhone

5. solusoracle thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the response.

Guess I shall definately NOT be waiting outside an O2 store tomorrow then. There is still hope for my online upgrade request as it's still 'In Progress' but I can't really hold out much hope for that becoming final.

6. solusoracle thread starter macrumors member

Right then, a few developments with my case.

I received a courtesy call today from a lady who told me that my iPhone order had been successful and it would be sent out to me as soon as they had more stock of the 16GB iPhone. Stupidly, I mentioned that my contract was not due to expire until December and that I have been unaware of this fact. She said that she would have to cancel the order, gave me a number for complaints and hung up immediately.

I phoned up up customer services to complain that I was on an 18 month contract and not the 12 month contract I believed I was on. The lady spoke to a manager before giving me an address to write my complaint to.

Finally, I contacted an iPhone member of customer services to enquire about my iPhone order. He said that the lady had not cancelled it and that I should expect delivery as soon as stock was recieved. I told him about the contract issue and my ongoing complaint and he said that this would not affect my order. He said I would have 14 days to return the phone after I had recieved it if my contract was not satisfactory. He said that I should wait until delivery to see if my upgrade is successful and whether my remaining 5 months of my current service are wiped off.

7. solusoracle thread starter macrumors member

Have recieved a new phone. Looks like I have been upgraded successfully as there is no record of two accounts on my online area of o2.

8. TheJoker macrumors newbie

That's good news for you. Good'onya! I've just sent CPW an email hoping that they'd do the same as I'm on a Carphone Warehouse O2 contract (that won't run out until April 09! :eek:)