O2 existing iPhone users - did you manage to upgrade online?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bilbo--baggins, Jul 7, 2008.

?

Did you successfully upgrade to iPhone 3G on O2 online?

Poll closed Jul 14, 2008.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  2. No

27 vote(s)
    96.4%
  1. bilbo--baggins macrumors 6502a

From the hours of failed attempts I had this morning, I will be surprised if more than a handful of people managed to upgrade online using O2's failing systems.

I thought a poll would be helpful to get a more accurate confirmation of this.

2. April Dancer macrumors regular

April Dancer

Well put it this way. I've either ordered none....or 26.

Hey, maybe it's out of stock because we all managed to order about a dozen each?

<hopeful>

3. iPhelim macrumors regular

Just yesterday i wrote a post telling someone that by and large O2 was a good carrier. Now i could literally throttle their throats. The retards sent me a text about it when the upgrade site was already crumbling and almost impossible to get to.

"Demand is expected to be very high, so to be fair to all customers, orders will be processed on a first come, first served basis."- Yeah? How about sending texts to all customers at 8am or within a few minutes of 8am instead of at 9.30? How's that for 'fair'?

4. deniser macrumors 6502

deniser

I think if I had ordered today as a new customer I would have had success. I tried in vain for all but an hour up until they went out of stock :mad:

5. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

:D Just you wait till the bank starts calling you. ;)

:D

6. afd macrumors 6502a

can't decide whether o2 were incompetent in not setting up a suitable server to meet demand, or tying to add to Fridays hype. Either way I wasted a good few hours of my day trying to get one, so not too pleased with O2...