O2 Have Not Upgraded My Account - Bought iPhone 3G On Launch Day - Normal?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ochire, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Ochire macrumors member

I bought my iPhone 3g on launch day. I was previously on a 1 month rolling O2 simplicity account. The guy selling me the phone told me that my account would switch to the iPhone tariff account. However, this has not happened.

I have already been billed from my August - September bill (obviously billing me from calls made between July and August), and am now on my September - October bill. Considering I bought the phone during the July, and my contract renews itself in the first week of each month, shouldn't my calls being billed for my upcoming bill be on the iPhone tariff?

Here's a link explaining how O2 bill in case I didn't make enough sense:
    http://www.o2.co.uk/shop/faq.html#d5

I have also noticed that my number is not valid for Cloud wifi when they ask for my O2 number, even though this should be included with my iPhone.

If anyone upgraded from a regular o2 tariff to the iphone tariff i would be keen to know if yours has switched yet.

Thanks!

2. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

Simple answer here is call 2302 from your iPhone and speak to the customer services.

When I ported my number, I couldnt use the WiFi for 2 days because the number for my account hadnt changed for billing.

Hope you get it fixed

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

I had a similar problem. Basically you have to pester them to get through to the right people. If you write a complaint, with decent reasons, then you'll probably get some sort of compensation in some form. Goodwill gestures ;)
    They need to shift it over.
    Sounds like they didn't activate it right - as you're not getting the cloud.
    call customer services, and get put through to either the iphone team, and then basically call them up on it.
    I had hassle sorting it out, and got 2 free months from them as a gestures.

4. Ochire thread starter macrumors member

Well, this might be wishful thinking but I was curious as whether my phone had slipped through the cracks, and if so, whether I could upgrade again to, say, the inevitable updated 3g model whenever that comes out?

If it hasn't then that will be annoying because I certainly am entitled to an ITS discount on my recent holiday calls that comes standard with the iphone, as well as cloud service.

5. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

2302 is the iPhone team...

202 is normal customer services. :)

6. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

I'd take a minute to write what happened and when down so you can email them, or tell them the details. Did you buy from O2 or Apple?

7. Ochire thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. I think I'll wait till my next bill and see if it changes.

If it doesn't, then maybe I'll try an O2 store and see if I can upgrade to the iphone. If I can, though I doubt their system is this disorganised, then I guess I can bag another phone. I guess I could then still use my current iphone on the new tariff and sell the new one? To be honest this sounds too good to be true.

Bought from o2