O2: How will pre-orders work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nicholas.C, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

Okay, might be a hot topic on this, but highly unsure.

How will the pre-orders work? How can we do this?

I'm going to order mine online, however, I want to be at the store as i'll be at work on the day and want to pick it up, would I be able to do this?

Thanks.

2. flipshot macrumors 6502a

This has been asked a million times and the answer is that no one knows as no further information has been released. Apple say you can pre-order online from them 15th June but no information on PAYG or Contract. O2 themselves have said nothing about being able to pre-order.

3. Pointer macrumors regular

Nobody currently knows except O2 (maybe!). Reading O2s website it looks as if preorders will be unlikely. Only confirmed route of is through Apple (confirmed through apple chats) and even then we don't know exactly what they will look like.

4. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

Sorry if this is slightly unrealated but, can you get O2 Contract iPhones from an Apple store, or do you have to get it from O2? I would prefer to preorder with Apple and collect on the day.

5. flipshot macrumors 6502a

You can buy contract in store but its not clear if you can pre-order as currently they only sell PAYG online.

6. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

Have we been able to reserve iPhones for purchace in store before? I can't remember being able to.

7. abcdefghijklmno macrumors member

I just hope the pre-order from O2 (if any) goes smoother that that of the 3G 2 years ago. I was lucky, got one delivered on the launch day, but many people were frustrated and the O2 systems really struggled.

My theory is that if most of the networks offer pre-order the demand will be spread and therefore system should work properly. Well, we can hope!

A