O2: I want a White iPhone 3G dammit !

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Devil's Refugee, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Devil's Refugee macrumors 6502

After seeing the unboxing photos of the white 3G I'm more convinced I want a white one now. Just when are O2 and Apple going to get their ar$es in gear and ship the white model to the UK ?

Why are we having to put up with substandard service from O2 yet again ?!
    :mad:

2. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

The more I see the white iPhone, more I like it. Just seems to look more valuable, fancy, high-end. But I wish someone would take a photo of what it looks holding it to your head as if talking, just to see if it horribly stands out more than a regular phone.

3. Eustace macrumors newbie

Eustace

If the front were white as well I might consider the white but I think it looks awful being black on the front and white on the back

4. iPhoneItIn macrumors newbie

I disagree and will be getting a white phone...hopefully.

5. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

I like how the black front blends into the black of the screen, so it gives the illusion as if there's no end to it, especially how the glass goes across the whole front. If it were white, it would kill that effect, and possible be hard on the eyes. I wonder how it would look if white on the front and the black back on the screen was white, maybe heaven has that model.

I saw a mock up of a white iphone where it still had the bottom part black like the original iPhone and that made a little more sense, helping blend the front to the white on the back. http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2007/07/20/iphones-in-29-colors/

6. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

While it won't show fingerprints as easily, I'm worried it might show dust and dirt easier. And as it gets older, more roughed up and not as smooth, it might get dirty a lot easier. Then there's resale value if you want to sell it to afford the next iPhone.

7. Raikun macrumors regular

i'm in the apple store, only apple have the white atm.

8. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

9. macmedal macrumors regular

Apple stores in the uk have white 16gb I am purchasing one now if the o2 server gets working

10. fastbite macrumors 6502a

fastbite

I want to upgrade to WHITE TOO. 02? Are you listening!!!

11. hazdageez macrumors newbie

Apple in Sheffield definately have white iphones but their systems were down when i spoke to them and its for new customers only so thats me out anyway

12. geeb macrumors regular