o2 Included Allowances Increased!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by holtender, Oct 16, 2008.

1. holtender macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I am currently on o2's £30 iPhone plan and have just noticed that I have received more minutes and text messages in my allowance this month that the previous 2 months.
    Last month I received the tariff 75 minutes and 125 texts but this month I have at my disposal - 145 minutes (93% Increase) and 175 texts (40% Increase)!! Nice!!

Has anyone else had this happen? Is it a change in the tariff or just another o2 mistake?

Send a blank text to 21202 to find out remaining balance of minutes/texts (o2 service free within UK)

Thanks in advance,
    Thomas

2. r88my macrumors regular

3. Peruvian macrumors regular

Peruvian

21202 doesnt work for me.. It says this service is unavailable on your account. please contact O2 customer service.....

4. bigscotal macrumors 6502

bigscotal

I'm on the same £30 p/m tariff, and my inclusive minutes and texts have remained as they were.

Also, checking the tariff's on the O2 site for the iPhone, these haven't changed either.

As far as I am aware, your allowance shouldn't roll over, so it looks like there has been a mistake somewhere along the line.

:)

5. holtender thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, as fair as I knew the iPhone tariff does not roll over minutes and texts and as this did not happen the first 2 months I imagine that that is still the case.

21202 works for me and my other contract o2 phone.
    Weird...

6. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

O2 do a lot of stuff like that.

I remember I kept getting 500 free texts for topping up £10 instead of the 300 I was meant to get when I was using my 6230. :D

7. cdownton macrumors member

I'm on £35/month tariff and something similar has happened to me. I presumed that the minutes have been rolling over.
    It says I've got 986 minutes and 746 messages available this month. What am I going to do with those!!

8. lukeholl macrumors member

lukeholl

I'm on the £45 tariff and had that last month. Got 1000 texts instead of the usual 500, plus 69 treat ones instead of 40...
    Just had my bill for last month. Was expecting to see a massive amount of charges from the extra texts, but thankfully there wasn't anything. However I just have the usual amount allowance again this month. Weird :D

9. Loopy65 macrumors 6502a

Loopy65

yup same here .. I'm on the £30 a month tariff also and noticed a LOT more minutes than usual. I'm sure when I read the T & C from O2 it said that iPhone contracts do not roll over but it looks as tho they have and they didn't up until now (I've had it since July 11th)

more minutes and texts can only be good :)

Loopy

10. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Can I please ask why you chose the £30 a month tariff over the £35 one?

11. Loopy65 macrumors 6502a

Loopy65

sure no problem ..

the reason I went for the £30 a month tariff was because I hardly use the phone to actually make calls/texts .. the main pull of the iPhone for me was the iPod/internet/email device :)

If I'd been 'sensible' (lol) I'd have waited for the Pay & Go option but I'd been waiting ages for the 3G version!! ..

I was all ready to go up to the £35 a month tariff if I'd needed but it's been more than enough and saves me £5 a month ..

Loopy

12. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

im on the £35pm tariff...

i think it was either a promo or a glitch in their system.. as i was also getting " you have 700 odd minutes and 900 odd texts left" message from 2102 and also on the o2 website..

but now i'm onto my next billing cycle (started 2 days ago) it seems to have gone back to 600 mins/500 texts..

bizarre

13. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Well the £5 every month adds up I suppose!

I might get a iPhone on Pay & Go, still thinking wheather its worth it, though, the £350 is a lot for a phone!

14. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I'm on the £30 a month contract and just the usual 75 minutes & 125 texts for me.

I'm not too disappointed though. Even if I had the extra minutes and texts I doubt they would get used. :)

15. JoeDRC macrumors 6502

£35 Tariff is ideal for me, in relation to the £30 Tariff, I've already gone over minutes wise and I was only billed 2 days ago! :/

Its better value I think.

16. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

It is much better value if you use the minutes & texts. It's a waste of £5 if you don't.

If I do start using more than my allowance I can easily upgrade to the £35 contract but you have to wait until 9 months into the contract before you are allowed to downgrade. The only extra charges I've had so far is from when I was in France on holiday, so at the moment it is the better value contract for me.

17. .adam macrumors regular

I'm on the £45 a month contract as I only wanted to pay £59 for my 16Gb, not £160. I'll downgrade to the £35 after nine months and overall I'll end up saving myself £10.

Just got to remember to downgrade....

18. Marky_Mark macrumors 6502a

Marky_Mark

I'm on £35 pm and I've got 957 mins and 918 txts left, even though I should be 600+500 respectively. Just as well really because I've spent over 75 mins on the phone today to my mother, fixing her Yahoo mail problems. They really are pants over there. Her pop mail sync stopped working because of a corrupt message :rolleyes:

19. thomas419924 macrumors newbie

its not for nothing

the reason 02 gave us all extra im on the £45 tariff its because they have been making changes to their billing system and everything was running a week late or there abouts its purely a pr excercise to keep customers happy