O2 iPhone free Wifi issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ubuntu, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

Greetings all!

When the iPhone 4 was released, O2 would only sell it to current customers so I gave my iPhone 3G to my girlfriend and purchased the new one. She had an O2 contract and they switched her over to an iPhone one, no issues.

Now, the free public wifi worked fine on both phones but all of a sudden I can't use it on the iPhone 4. It claims I've registered the maximum amount of devices for this number (1). So obviously O2 thinks I'm still using the old iPhone for the same phone number, right?

Then why can't they seem to understand this? Two iPhone contracts on O2 and only one wifi deal, and they don't seem to understand that I don't want the free wifi for the 3G because my girlfriend has it on her own contract.

Now I'm even more confused because she tried her sim card in my iPhone and the free wifi works for that phone too?:confused:

Has anyone had a similar issue, and any luck with it? I'm going to get it sorted because I'm losing out on a service I would actually use alot.

2. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

O2 has a form that lets you reset your Wi-Fi account (so that you can register the device you want to work with BT OpenZone/The Cloud).

http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=29&q1=26

Right now O2's website is undergoing maintenance so that link might not load or it could be slow.

3. Ubuntu thread starter macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

Seems so, but thanks very much for the link. The O2 customer service rep I called didn't even suggest that.