O2 iPhone Nano rumour?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by psxguru, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Phatzer macrumors regular

Phatzer

The first I've heard of this, and I can't say I believe the article at all.

First of all, they reckon the performance may be reduced. Right, it's just powerful enough to get things done, dropping performance is going to kill it.

Next point is that they reckon the size of the display may be reduced. I'm fairly sure that Apple specifically stated that one of the key benefits of developing iPhone applications was that the display size would remain the same to reduce the need for multi-platform-capable designs.

Finally, they reckon that the camera's quality might be reduced. OK, but I can recall numerous occasions where Apple where flamed for the 2.0 megapixel camera they integrated to the iPhone as it was substandard with regard to competing models.

I'd say that the article is purely fictitious and I see it more as a rumor than anything else.

2. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Were more likely to get the iPhone Sandwich maker than a nano

3. Theaser macrumors 6502

Theaser

I supported the concept of an iPhone Nano before, after I bought my iPhone 3G. I would laugh my ass off with the idea of an iPhone Nano.

4. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

"chances are good it will indeed be that much-rumoured 'Nano' version of the iPhone 3G - a smaller, mid-range take on the iPhone 3G that will be cheaper, with lower spec memory, camera or screen size."

Uhuh. Lower memory after they dropped the 4GB iphone
    A worse camera? A ridiculously expensive shiny iphone which takes 1mp pictures?
    Apps won't work on a smaller screen size, right?

+ Tim Cook already said they weren't interested in mid range phones.