O2 iPhone Tethering Prices Petition

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mkz, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Mkz macrumors regular

Mkz

I know a lot of people are very unhappy about this. Although it's quite unlikely that this will have an effect but it's worth a try.

Please help support UK iPhone customers who are being ripped off by tethering. To anyone not form the UK, this will hopefully set an example for AT&T!

http://www.petitiononline.com/o2iphone/petition.html

Thank you.

2. 226896 Guest

No point. O2 always have sucked and they always will.

3. Mkz thread starter macrumors regular

Mkz

True but if they get enough bad press from this it will change something. No harm in trying. Right?

4. 226896 Guest

You're right, the problem here is the number of people who would use tethering even if it was cheaper. I think O2 know that it's an option only a small percentage of customers will need, so they got greedy. I'll sign your petition anyway, can't hurt.

5. Mkz thread starter macrumors regular

Mkz

Thank you.

6. fireplace macrumors member

Cant blame o2 too much. i would have thought that most tethering users would be business - so charge them a premium.

being a private user (work is far too restrictive) i would rather use a dongle than waste my phone - but i work in a busy, mobile and messy place.

on the plus side, my o2 contract is up in 2 days and i'll chance replacing my trusty SE with its nice camera and video and downgrade to an iphone.:D

7. Mkz thread starter macrumors regular

Mkz

Still need a lot more signatures. Few threads about peoples annoyance but not many more signatures.