o2 Iphone UK - inclusive minutes terms ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rjackman, Nov 5, 2007.

1. rjackman macrumors member

Does anyone know if the inclusive minutes you get each month with o2 for the iphone will be to any network and wont matter if its off peak or not ?

Cheers

2. dodonutter macrumors regular

Just from my experience with O2 from the last 4 years they will be any-network and will always be valid (ie on and off peak)

3. rjackman thread starter macrumors member

Cool cheers, I was just worried as i saw on their website the other day another contract that was only off peak for the minutes.

4. MacMonkee macrumors regular

MacMonkee

To be honest if there were any conditions to the included minutes O2 should really state it. I haven't seen anything to suggest there are any limits so I think its safe to assume there aren't any. And if there are limits then O2 should be spanked up for giving us sod all for our money

5. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Why dont these minutes rollover though...just adding to the ripoff-ness?

6. MacMonkee macrumors regular

MacMonkee

I agree at the very least they could add some sort of roll-over feature to justify the cost of the tariffs

7. sparkyms macrumors 65816

Minutes haven't rolled over (in my experience) for years. On the 45quid a month tarriff 600minutes is 10hours of talk time.. thats a LOT of talk time.

8. jonnyb macrumors 6502a

What are the rates once you've used up your minutes?

9. MacMonkee macrumors regular

MacMonkee

Ridiculously expensive :p

10. jonnyb macrumors 6502a

:) Yeah I kind of guessed that much. Seriously, though I can't find any information on the 02 website about per minute charges once you've gone beyond your inclusive minutes

edit: Just called 02 customer services and they claimed not to know what the per-minute call charges will be yet and they won't know until Friday. I told them I found it astonishing that they weren't able to tell prospective customers what their charges will be prior to purchasing the iPhone. Not a good start to my dealings with 02...

11. rjackman thread starter macrumors member

Same here, also i guess that its just going to be the standard 12p a text message if you go over ???

12. alFR macrumors 68020

Here you go.

Not iphone-specific, but pretty much all their tariffs seem to be 20p/minute when you go over the inclusive amount so I think it's reasonable to assume the iPhone one will be the same.

13. sneeks macrumors 6502a

These call charges were posted by a O2 employee on the Apple discussion boards.

Call Charges

UK Mobiles 20p
    UK Landlines 20p
    SMS 12p
    VoiceMail Free
    Roaming ITS Rates
    International SMS 12p

Minimum call charge 5p

14. G4DP macrumors 65816

Don't forget the WiFi and Data usage

Spoke to the Manager of one of the O2 shops in Pymouth he said 75MB for Data and 1GB for free WiFi.

Which given that free WiFi in the SouthWest is almost non-existant is rediculous. Good luck to all of you buying an iPhone with Ocrap.

Sadly I won't be one of you. Don't mind the cost, just the service provider.

Also this bloke said that the reason the contracts are sp ex[ensive is because O2 spent millions "upgrading" to edge. Contradiction in terms I know, but hey, anything to justify ripping us off.

15. alFR macrumors 68020

I seriously doubt he knows anything TBH, especially when the limit that was previously announced (and lifted last week) was 200Mb.

16. sneeks macrumors 6502a

The O2 manager is incorrect and contradicts his own chief executive.

17. rjackman thread starter macrumors member

Is that International sms when your abroad texting home or for when your at home texting someone that is abroad ?, If its the first thats good news.

18. roblawton macrumors 6502

The 75MB limit refers to o2's Blackberry tariffs.

As previously posted, this manager knows nothing and you can disregard that info! :)