o2 Iphone UK - inclusive minutes terms ?

rjackman

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Does anyone know if the inclusive minutes you get each month with o2 for the iphone will be to any network and wont matter if its off peak or not ?

Cheers

dodonutter

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2004
Deep South UK
Does anyone know if the inclusive minutes you get each month with o2 for the iphone will be to any network and wont matter if its off peak or not ?

Cheers
Just from my experience with O2 from the last 4 years they will be any-network and will always be valid (ie on and off peak)

rjackman

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Cool cheers, I was just worried as i saw on their website the other day another contract that was only off peak for the minutes.

MacMonkee

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2007
UK
Cool cheers, I was just worried as i saw on their website the other day another contract that was only off peak for the minutes.
To be honest if there were any conditions to the included minutes O2 should really state it. I haven't seen anything to suggest there are any limits so I think its safe to assume there aren't any. And if there are limits then O2 should be spanked up for giving us sod all for our money

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Why dont these minutes rollover though...just adding to the ripoff-ness?

sparkyms

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
Southampton UK
Minutes haven't rolled over (in my experience) for years. On the 45quid a month tarriff 600minutes is 10hours of talk time.. thats a LOT of talk time.

jonnyb

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Rye/London, UK
Ridiculously expensive :p
:) Yeah I kind of guessed that much. Seriously, though I can't find any information on the 02 website about per minute charges once you've gone beyond your inclusive minutes

edit: Just called 02 customer services and they claimed not to know what the per-minute call charges will be yet and they won't know until Friday. I told them I found it astonishing that they weren't able to tell prospective customers what their charges will be prior to purchasing the iPhone. Not a good start to my dealings with 02...

rjackman

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Same here, also i guess that its just going to be the standard 12p a text message if you go over ???

alFR

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2006
:) Yeah I kind of guessed that much. Seriously, though I can't find any information on the 02 website about per minute charges once you've gone beyond your inclusive minutes
Here you go.

Not iphone-specific, but pretty much all their tariffs seem to be 20p/minute when you go over the inclusive amount so I think it's reasonable to assume the iPhone one will be the same.

sneeks

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2007
Glasgow, UK
These call charges were posted by a O2 employee on the Apple discussion boards.

Call Charges

UK Mobiles 20p
UK Landlines 20p
SMS 12p
VoiceMail Free
Roaming ITS Rates
International SMS 12p

Minimum call charge 5p

G4DP

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
Don't forget the WiFi and Data usage

Spoke to the Manager of one of the O2 shops in Pymouth he said 75MB for Data and 1GB for free WiFi.

Which given that free WiFi in the SouthWest is almost non-existant is rediculous. Good luck to all of you buying an iPhone with Ocrap.

Sadly I won't be one of you. Don't mind the cost, just the service provider.

Also this bloke said that the reason the contracts are sp ex[ensive is because O2 spent millions "upgrading" to edge. Contradiction in terms I know, but hey, anything to justify ripping us off.

alFR

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2006
Spoke to the Manager of one of the O2 shops in Pymouth he said 75MB for Data and 1GB for free WiFi.
I seriously doubt he knows anything TBH, especially when the limit that was previously announced (and lifted last week) was 200Mb.

rjackman

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Is that International sms when your abroad texting home or for when your at home texting someone that is abroad ?, If its the first thats good news.

roblawton

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2007
Preston, UK
The 75MB limit refers to o2's Blackberry tariffs.

As previously posted, this manager knows nothing and you can disregard that info! :)