O2 Latest on Contract Options

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by atiffarooq, Jun 28, 2008.

1. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

Hi guys. Just thought I would update you with a conversation my brother has just had with an O2 upgrade representative. His contract is up for renewal and he wanted to get the N95 8GB. Anyway, during the upgrade he started talking about the IPhone to the lady and she told him that O2 are going to be offering a number of contracts, not just the 4 that are currently being displayed and advertised on the O2 website on the release date. She told him that one of these included unlimited texts, but couldn't give him further information because O2 are being very specific about what customers are being told at the moment. She also said that this was the reason that the customer cannot choose the contract that they want to go on until the actual release date. So there's hope yet for more options with regards to what contracts will be available...

2. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

This may explain why the tariffs bit on the iPhone 3G section of the O2 website just continually loads then? Maybe it is being updated?

3. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

They don't need an unlimited texts tariff.

The bolt-ons page has an unlimited text bolt-on, and also says that you get one free bolt-on if you get 600 minutes or more, so you can have unlimited texts anyway, so on the £35/mo tariff you can get that.

4. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

you dont get a free bolt on, on the iphone tariffs.

5. atiffarooq thread starter macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

Just to follow up mattpreston11's point, the T&C's on O2 site state that you don't get a free bolt on with the iPhone tariffs. They include the unlimted data and unlimited wifi in the plans already, which is effectively 2 bolt ons. So the unlimited texts tariff would be ideal for someone like me who sends over 1500 texts a month!

6. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

I would have to agree completely. Unlimited texts would always be useful.

7. I am Sampson macrumors 6502

I am Sampson

I plan on getting the £30 deal with unlimited text bolt on. So I get unlimited wifi, 3g and text for £37.50 a month. Expensive, but seems decent enough to me considering its all on the iPhone, though possible extra contract options may change what I go for if something better is offered.